Low cal protein bar recommendations please

Replies

• chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Another one I like are the ones from Julian Bakery. I get the sweet cream ones and they're 130 calories. Their others are higher. They're $1.99 each though so twice as much as Costco brand.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    So I found No Way bars! 150-170cal 25-27g protein. Dairy free! All natural ingredients
    No waaaaay! 😂! Off to go check them out as well!
  • PiscesIntuition
    I don’t think anyone here has recommended Quest protein bars, or have they? I tried one today, and didn’t like it more than pure protein bars. The Pure Protein bars are better nutrition wise as well (21g protein, 17g carb, 4.5 fat).
  • jryd14
    jryd14 Posts: 58 Member
    Beef jerky is the best protein bar imo. 20g for about 110-130 calories
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    I don’t think anyone here has recommended Quest protein bars, or have they? I tried one today, and didn’t like it more than pure protein bars. The Pure Protein bars are better nutrition wise as well (21g protein, 17g carb, 4.5 fat).

To me the Kirkland protein bars have a similar taste to the Quest bars, but I actually like them better. Quest changed their recipe at one point a few years back and started using soluble corn fiber, and to me, the taste was never the same. I like the Pure Protein but some of them are a little too sweet for me.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    I like Pure Protein but they seem so small.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Beef jerky is the best protein bar imo. 20g for about 110-130 calories

I don’t eat beef or much red meat at all. It upsets my system
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member

i recommended quest bars. you may want to try more flavors - there's a LOT of them.

btw, since i'm a vegetarian, most pure protein bars are off the table for me, but a couple flavors sound like they'd be amazing.
  • PiscesIntuition
    Ryder, I like to have a sweet protein for times when I would eat something else sweet but not as much protein.

Garber, I found one flavor of Pure Protein that I like, and I’m sticking to it. LOL! I could eat the same things for weeks as well! If it tastes good, why switch?!
    glassyo wrote: »

Because of the texture of Pure Protein, I was able to enjoy it more than Quest. Quest protein bar went so fast, and I wasn’t truly satisfied with it (taste and texture. The texture involves less chewing.

Zebass, if their nutrition facts were as good as Pure, I would try more of Quest. But their carb and calorie count is higher.

I’m waiting on my order of Built Bars!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Ryder, I like to have a sweet protein for times when I would eat something else sweet but not as much protein.

Garber, I found one flavor of Pure Protein that I like, and I’m sticking to it. LOL! I could eat the same things for weeks as well! If it tastes good, why switch?!

Because of the texture of Pure Protein, I was able to enjoy it more than Quest. Quest protein bar went so fast, and I wasn’t truly satisfied with it (taste and texture. The texture involves less chewing.

Zebass, if their nutrition facts were as good as Pure, I would try more of Quest. But their carb and calorie count is higher.

Regarding the Built Bars, I enjoy them most when I keep them in the freezer. Some like them room temp though. Just thought I'd throw that out there so you can try both ways and find which you prefer. :)
  • PiscesIntuition
    busyPK wrote: »

Regarding the Built Bars, I enjoy them most when I keep them in the freezer. Some like them room temp though. Just thought I'd throw that out there so you can try both ways and find which you prefer. :)

I’ll keep that in mind! Thank you!
  • janx218
    janx218 Posts: 5 Member
    Another vote for Built Bars. They're not amazing, but are among the best-tasting protein bars I've had, and the protein:calorie ratio is hard to beat. I just wish they weren't quite so expensive.
  • rockbam123
    rockbam123 Posts: 20 Member
    PaleoThin Chocolate Brownie and StayThin Peanut Butter both by Julian Bakery are 170 cal/20g protein/25g fiber. Best protein/calorie bang for your buck. Available on Amazon. Just pop them in the micro for 10 secs.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    This is my saviour. My local gym just got them in!
  • PiscesIntuition
    This is my saviour. My local gym just got them in!
    They’re all out of stock on their website. I suppose gyms bought them all up! LOL!
  • PiscesIntuition
    edited August 2019
    Got my Built Bars! This banana chocolate creme is soooo yummy! I’m going to put the rest in the freezer to see how they are when chilled. u8br9vjteo5v.jpeg
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Got my built bars tonight. Very odd taste on the mint cream one. At First taste it’s good but as I chew all flavour disappears and it is very strange. Kind of like tasteless gelatin. I’m hoping the other flavours are better. I ordered two boxes to get a better deal so I’m gonna be in trouble if they all taste like this. Also not very sweet. I should be honest and admit this is my first protein bar purchase so maybe my expectations were too high.
  • PiscesIntuition
    Got my built bars tonight. Very odd taste on the mint cream one. At First taste it’s good but as I chew all flavour disappears and it is very strange. Kind of like tasteless gelatin. I’m hoping the other flavours are better. I ordered two boxes to get a better deal so I’m gonna be in trouble if they all taste like this. Also not very sweet. I should be honest and admit this is my first protein bar purchase so maybe my expectations were too high.
    Oh really? I thought they were a tad too sweet for me, but still good.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Are you two gonna rumble? :)

I need to ordrr more but I was hoping they'd have the blueberry by that time.

The burner bars are back tho.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Ok my smart bars just arrived and they have an odd aftertaste.