Stretch Marks.. help!

I gained a little weight early this year, rather quickly, and now I have an abundance of stretch marks all over. What do you ladies do for stretch marks?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    wish i had different genetics. thats what it boils down to.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Whilst I’ve not used it specifically for stretch marks, I used BioOil for scars, and it’s pretty impressive for those. It claims to be good for lots of other skin issues, including stretch marks. Worth a try!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Nothing to be done about them, sorry. They are literal scars, and unless you're willing to shell out for hugely expensive laser surgery, you're stuck with them. Collagen lotions can reduce their appearance a little, but they'll never disappear completely.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    They will fade with time. Can't get rid of them completely, but they will be less obvious, i guess.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    I found taking collagen powder helps a bit
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Fake tan - hides a multitude of sins! 🤣
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    No matter what products are marketed out there for stretch marks, there is no magic potion to make them go away. They are genetic and will fade overtime.
  • solegmnz89
    solegmnz89 Posts: 7 Member
    What exactly do people mean when they say stretch marks "fade" over time? Just in color, or also narrower and less deep/indented?
  • LivinLifeHealthy84
    LivinLifeHealthy84 Posts: 35 Member
    edited November 2020
    Not a woman, but my wife swore cocoa butter helped not have any stretch marks from her pregnancies. All I know is she doesn’t have any. She used it daily.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Not a woman, but my wife swore cocoa butter helped not have any stretch marks from her pregnancies. All I know is she doesn’t have any. She used it daily.

It's likely due to her genetics more than the cocoa butter. I also did not get any stretch marks or have any loose skin with my pregnancies--and neither did my mom with four babies. With my first child (I was in my 20s), I used cocoa butter and was convinced that was what had done the trick. With my second child (born when I was in my late 30s and so my skin had less elasticity than with the first kid), I didn't have time to do the cocoa butter thing. Still, I ended up with no stretch marks or loose skin. My sister, on the other hand, has them.