I am on the STRUGGLE BUS!!

Options
I have done WW, and have now decided to try Premier protein shakes. Ya'll! I simply CANNOT hardly get the scale to move. When I was on WW, it took me almost a year to lose 28 pounds and I was STRICT about it. I will open my diary for the last week and give you a look into what I'm eating. Should I drop the shakes? Try fasting? I feel like my metabolism is CRAP. I know I need to exercise and that would probably help some but I am so discouraged I literally cry when I think about food. :( Any advice would be most appreciated!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I'm a big fan of eating real foods. For you, coming from WW, you need to understand that there is no such thing as a free food.

Age, height, weight, daily calories?
  • Pneeleysmom
    Pneeleysmom Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'll go read that now. Thanks for the welcome...

I am 36, 5'0 and I currently weigh 188. I am taking in 1200 calories a day. I moved away from WW and back to MFP to start keeping a closer eye on my calorie intake. I noticed on WW I wasn't consuming but around 700 calories some days when I entered it into MFP.
  • skrowe88
    skrowe88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you're being that strict calorically and not losing weight - maybe something else is wrong. Have you been to your doctor lately? Had any bloodwork done? I'd check on your thyroid and see if your doctor has any suggestions for bettering your metabolism.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'll go read that now. Thanks for the welcome...

I am 36, 5'0 and I currently weigh 188. I am taking in 1200 calories a day. I moved away from WW and back to MFP to start keeping a closer eye on my calorie intake. I noticed on WW I wasn't consuming but around 700 calories some days when I entered it into MFP.

Good places to start when reading the stickies:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1