I’m new to this wheelchair user

Options
gscruiser
gscruiser Posts: 68 Member
edited August 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone I’m new to this please help me get to the goals I want to achieve I’m a wheelchair user

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Weight loss is all about being in a calorie deficit. This post is a great place to start:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • gscruiser
    Options
    Thank you kimny
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    wheelchair might restrict your exercise, but won't restrict your diet. I have a wheelchair friend who has better abs than me. lol G'luck
  • gscruiser
    Options
    I’m starting the gym
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • gscruiser
    Options
    Thank you Linda you to
  • OhSnap779
    OhSnap779 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you want people for motivation and sarcasm, feel free to add me. :)
  • gscruiser
    Options
    Add me ohsnap
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi, gscruiser! I have MG and use one intermittently. I cannot exercise yet (condition not stabilized: exercise brings on flares). But I CAN watch my calorie intake and macro/micro nutrients! I believe that there is much we can do to improve our life-and that improving our health is a great start! I have done pretty well (going on week 3). I like the tools provided for us and the people I have met/seen posts from seem like a good community to belong to! Best wishes on your journey!!!
  • gscruiser
    Options
    ThAnk you you to
  • bamarshall02
    bamarshall02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The community has been a great source of encouragement for me. Best wishes to you!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Just cause you're in a wheelchair doesn't mean you have to miss out. I have curled with wheelchair curlers. Wow they're amazing. Good luck reaching your goals
  • gscruiser
    Options
    Thank u bamarshall and Ali