Really frustrated - Please Help

Options
dmcforthewin
dmcforthewin Posts: 135 Member
edited August 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi Everyone. I hope you guys can give me some thoughts or ideas. I understand if you haven't any ideas yourself, based on my issue. I am doing the Keto diet. My carbs are 16g, fats 86g and protein 69. I started out on a 1290 calorie diet. I had to lower it to 1100 because I was having issues trying not too go over my carbs, yet still hit my calories for the day, so I can log my day entry. I don't know what to do. I am trying to plan tomorrows meals, but I can't seem to stop going over my carbs, fat and protein, and hit my calories. I know I may be confusing, and I understand if you can't help.

How do any of you hit your daily calories, without going over your carbs and maybe even the fat and protein? I am about to give up. I was only eating like 800 calories a day before tracking, but I decided I needed to track, It's not helping my stress levels. It woud be a lot easier if I wasn't on Keto, but I need to be super careful about carbs, since I am in Ketosis. Thanks!

Replies

• Constance320
    Constance320 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you counting total carbs or net carbs? Your numbers work out, you should be on track.
  • Constance320
    Options
    It would help if people could see your diary
  • dmcforthewin
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Why do you feel controlling carbs is so important? All research on weight loss concludes that, other than initial water weight loss, low carb has no advantage and compliance and sustainable diets that hit calorie goals are what matter.

Also, it would be helpful if you would share your starting weight, goal weight, and height for better feedback.

I do understand what you are saying and I am thinking about the whole Keto thing. I was on some Keto forums, where so many were posting progess numbers and photos of their weight loss success, so it got me wanting to try. I also was recommended by some friends about doing the low carb keto. I do get what you are saying, though. Here are my numbers.

Start weight - 237
    Goal weight - 130
    Height - 5'4''
    Started my diet on 8-13-2019
    Present Weight - 225
  • dmcforthewin
    Options
    Are you counting total carbs or net carbs? Your numbers work out, you should be on track.

Thank you for responding. I am counting all carbs. Since, I am new as of yesterday, I'm not sure how to post my diary for others to see. Would love to though.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Rather than trying to get carbs then hope you don't exceed your carb budget, try to get fat and protein without carbs. That's the whole point of keto, isn't it?
  • Constance320
    Options

Thank you for responding. I am counting all carbs. Since, I am new as of yesterday, I'm not sure how to post my diary for others to see. Would love to though.

Try counting net carbs. Might be easier for you to get your goals
  • dmcforthewin
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    My two cents: why don't you focus on hitting your 1290 calories everyday for a while, without the distraction of macros. Seriously ... achieving a big calorie deficit is plenty challenging and involves plenty of behavioral changes all on its own. Then in a few weeks, if you want to explore macros, fine. Right now it sounds like you're swamped trying to juggle too many balls all at once. For the purpose of losing weight, it doesn't matter how many carbs you eat, or fat, or protein. Much more important is to feel satisfied with the mix of foods you're eating so you continue to hit your calorie number everyday.

I agree with your thoughts. Will do just that. Keto dieting is stressful to me. It mainly is the low carbs. Thank you!