CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE! Starting now! (Great for those who don'

Options

Replies

• fit4everyoung
    Options
    My weigh in this Monday is 110.8. Not much of a change! Have a wonderful day everyone, take good care.
  • lovecrystaljoy
    lovecrystaljoy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I hear ou on that
  • lovecrystaljoy
    Options

exercise.png
  • FaithHope10
    Options
    4 down today!!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    O.K. a question for all you hard core movers...

How do you do it?!?!? I get up at 4:30, get 1 kid ready for the sitter, leave the house at 5:30. Get to work at 6. work till 3. Then I am off to get the kid at the sitter, help with homework. I have 3 kids, BTW, the twins get on and off the bus at home. Do dinner, by 6ish, dishes, laundry, cleaning, and then we are in bed by 9. Some days the kids have after school stuff to do. kids are in bed at 8:30. I usually do 2 loads of laundry a day. 3 kids, and 2 dogs make for a lot of cleaning. How do you fit it in? and don't tell me to just do it. I know that already.

What did you change to fit it in? I usually tape all the shows I watch and watch them after everyone is in bed. I can get on the treadmill inbetween things, but it is so boring! It is in my basement junk room with no t.v. I sometimes step up and down on the hearth of the fireplace as I watch the news, while dinner cooks. I do well with doing many things at once. I also do 5 pound weights with my arms everyday. I am just looking for hint and tips to fit in walking/jogging stuff.
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Jenn Any chance of getting another TV for the basement or bringing the treadmill up so you can watch your shows while you workout? If my dh or I get a job soon we are going to buy a cheap TV for our living room and then move the treadmill in there. Right now it's in my bedroom and I either listen to the radio or read from the kindle when I use it. Lately I have just been walking outside. I sometimes take Lennox, my soon to be 2 year old, in his stroller. I even have taken my twins, Peyton and Eli, with me who have walked very well next to me. They are 5. Maybe you could walk with your kids or do what I have done have your dh watch them while you walk.

AFM I didn't walk today! I've been super busy with cleaning the house, helping with yard work and doing some shopping. It seems as though I go shopping every other day! :grumble: Between my dh and my kids they eat and eat and eat. Well that's what it seems like any way!

As of today I weigh 269.4 pounds. My walking is in my sig. Not sure how much I've walked this week though.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Is this still open? Can I get in on the Christmas challenge?
  • FaithHope10
    Options
    up to 57.2...I can barely feel my legs between walking and lunges.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    up to 57.2...I can barely feel my legs between walking and lunges.

You are killing me! I hurt just thinking about all those miles!!!
  • lovecrystaljoy
    Options

exercise.png

Loosing Inches but not weight HELP!!!!!!!!!!
  • FaithHope10
    Options
    Oh, the pain i feel this morning though..yesterday was like an addiction, I was getting ready to go home last night and thought "hey i can get one more work out in" BAD IDEA!! I did 30 more minutes of lunges and aerobics and OH MY!! I am walking like a 100 year old lady this morning. Hopefully I'll get the soreness worked out...But I have felt like such a failure by not losing as steadily as I had hoped and I am trying to push myself as hard and far as I can..dont know if thats good or bad but I just dont want to give up...but dont want to overdo it either...wonder how to find that balance?
  • mom2pne
    Options
    :shocked: I ran up 2 flights of stairs to keep up with my oldest ds who was walking up the stairs. When i got to the top I was barely out of breathe and I never cringed in pain. I was diagnosed years ago with arthritis in my knees.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    :shocked: I ran up 2 flights of stairs to keep up with my oldest ds who was walking up the stairs. When i got to the top I was barely out of breathe and I never cringed in pain. I was diagnosed years ago with arthritis in my knees.

Awesome! I am so proud of you! I know how hard that is!
  • lovecrystaljoy
    Options
    How do you guys have time to wlk sooo many miles a day???
  • mom2pne
    Options
    It's easier for me as I'm a sahm. When school begins it will be even easier to get out as I will only have Lennox home.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    How do you guys have time to wlk sooo many miles a day???

I typically walk Sat. and Sun. for 90 minutes, 6 miles each day. I also walk less miles during the weekdays and incorporate exercise videos early morning before work. Other times, lunch hours are my power walk exercise. Ever bit helps!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, This week, I have been in a horrible mood. I over ate all week, did not work out hardly. Today!!! I was sucked into doing a 5K for my girls. I did it! In 28 minutes. but my runkeeper app said the track was 2.11 miles. So, not sure if runkeeper is off OR the track. So, I am getting back on track.

Weight: 194 miles: 9.22 this week.
  • mom2pne
    Options
    Jenn Awesome job! Was it for their school?

Today I went for a walk with Lennox. He was in his stroller and we walked for 6 miles. I just wanted to see if I could do it! I think though I'm not going to walk that far for awhile! My legs are beat! It took me about 2.5 hours as I had to take many breaks to make sure Len was drinking and also when I had to reply to my text messages.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Jenn Awesome job! Was it for their school?

Today I went for a walk with Lennox. He was in his stroller and we walked for 6 miles. I just wanted to see if I could do it! I think though I'm not going to walk that far for awhile! My legs are beat! It took me about 2.5 hours as I had to take many breaks to make sure Len was drinking and also when I had to reply to my text messages.

It was for the local festival that was going on this weekend. The twins were helping out and pushed me to do it. I am glad I did.
  • Nic24
    Nic24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is this still open