Keep comparing myself!

Options
vholley60197
vholley60197 Posts: 44 Member
Not sure where to post this! But do any other women get insecure about the way your body is changing or things you can’t change in your fitness life?! I have a bad habit of comparing myself to all these fitness models and workout guru girls on social media... I’m slowly losing my boobs.. but losing weight and getting healthier, so I try to keep that in mind to stay positive! Yet some of them keep their breast! I know it has to do with genetics but it’s hard to have a goal and know that even when I reach it I would look quite as good as they do! I’ve deleted my Insta 3 times because I keep struggling with it.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Just as I don't compare what I eat or how I lose weight to others, I don't compare my body to anyone else's either. Why would I?
  • Rawrmachin3
    Rawrmachin3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!

Comparing yourself to people you see online isn’t healthy. Most of what people post online is filtered, doctored, etc. it’s all marketing themselves for more followers, likes etc. some people have superior genetics compared to most.

You don’t know if they’re taking PEDs to look the way they do etc. be happy with you and what you’ve got and who you are.

I can’t say I’ve ever said I wouldn’t date a girl because of small boobs. Now a small brain? Heck yeah. 😂

• vholley60197
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Just as I don't compare what I eat or how I lose weight to others, I don't compare my body to anyone else's either. Why would I?

Because it's human and because I see them reach their goals and although they inspire me it can also make me feel bad because I'm not where I want to be and it's tough!
  • vholley60197
    Options
    You look gorgeous!

Comparing yourself to people you see online isn’t healthy. Most of what people post online is filtered, doctored, etc. it’s all marketing themselves for more followers, likes etc. some people have superior genetics compared to most.

You don’t know if they’re taking PEDs to look the way they do etc. be happy with you and what you’ve got and who you are.

I can’t say I’ve ever said I wouldn’t date a girl because of small boobs. Now a small brain? Heck yeah. 😂

Thank you.. It's just hard and I know I need to focus on my own fitness journey and focus on bettering myself. I guess I just get envious of what I don't have lol.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Girl, the same thing happened to me and I gained the weight back because of my bewb complex. Now I'm here again because I also don't like the third bewb that comes with the other two (my gut fyi). Don't compare yourself to anyone. Easier said than done. A LOT of people are altered on Instagram. Keep that in mind.
  • Rawrmachin3
    Rawrmachin3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Naturally we all want to be the strongest, prettiest, fastest, etc. it’s a basic instinct.

What you have to remember though is you’re doing this for your health. Mental health is just as important so stop comparing yourself. If I saw you out in public I’d definitely approach you from your profile pic.

I grew up the fat kid and being made fun of. Wishing I was something I wasn’t. I get where you’re coming from. You have to let go of those chains and be the best version of you.

You are special as you’re one of a kind. Remember that darlin. 😀
    You look gorgeous!

Thank you.. It's just hard and I know I need to focus on my own fitness journey and focus on bettering myself. I guess I just get envious of what I don't have lol.

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    There is no point comparing yourself to others when you are a unique individual. Also, most of the model pics are photoshopped anyway. Just love yourself and be the best you that’s you can be.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I unfollowed all fitspos for this exact reason. Take progress pictures and celebrate your own body instead of some doctored image on the Internet. I think we are all insecure about some part of our body, I personally find it hard to look past my stomach, in my mind it's like I'm just one big stomach and nothing else.
    It can help to focus on what your body can do rather than what it looks like. Please don't feel down, you are beautiful :heart:
  • vholley60197
    Options
    I guess when they upload these videos, it's all been made to look the very best, they make sure they are looking their very best. It's a tough industry and it's good to remember that they are in business. That is thier income. They probably have coaches, dieticians and the luxury to work out as often as they want. And let's be honest, I'm sure they have had some form of surgery. They enhance themselves unnaturally in order to stick out from the crowd. Their business depends on it.

So I wouldn't focus too much on it because that is thier lively hood, it's their job to look good, so obviously, they look amazing lol. Your a pretty girl and it sounds like you work on your body so don't be dragged down by negative feelings when it's not gona help you at all.

You are so right! It's not getting me anywhere!
  • vholley60197
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I unfollowed all fitspos for this exact reason. Take progress pictures and celebrate your own body instead of some doctored image on the Internet. I think we are all insecure about some part of our body, I personally find it hard to look past my stomach, in my mind it's like I'm just one big stomach and nothing else.
    It can help to focus on what your body can do rather than what it looks like. Please don't feel down, you are beautiful :heart:

YESSS! I also only focus on my stomach! I only look at what I find wrong with myself and not focusing on my progress or being proud of it.
  • jafinnearty
    jafinnearty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Not sure where to post this! But do any other women get insecure about the way your body is changing or things you can’t change in your fitness life?! I have a bad habit of comparing myself to all these fitness models and workout guru girls on social media... I’m slowly losing my boobs.. but losing weight and getting healthier, so I try to keep that in mind to stay positive! Yet some of them keep their breast! I know it has to do with genetics but it’s hard to have a goal and know that even when I reach it I would look quite as good as they do! I’ve deleted my Insta 3 times because I keep struggling with it.

I understand!

Even for a woman my size, I have a small chest, and that has *always* been a sensitive issue for me. When I got my first reality check on how much weight I've lost, I was down three pants sizes, two shirt sizes...and then one bra size. My heart sunk on that last one! However, that bit in the chest that I lost has made it *slightly* easier to find bras that fit, so I guess there's a silver lining there?

Just remind yourself when you look at those women who have met their goals and kept their chest, that there could be *many* unseen factors there, including that they are wearing a push-up bra when they weren't before! It's all a matter of perspective.
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It is hard not to but please stop comparing yourself to false images. None of them are as perfect as they appear and they create unrealistic expectations and unreachable goals. I won't say all of those boobs aren't real but fat is part of what determines breast size, so... Be the best you and I swear you will make yourself feel better than those fitness models and guru girls ever could.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options

Because it's human and because I see them reach their goals and although they inspire me it can also make me feel bad because I'm not where I want to be and it's tough!

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm 61 years old. I think maybe I've outgrown envy like that. You're much more attractive than I was when I was younger. ☺
  • vholley60197
    Options

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm 61 years old. I think maybe I've outgrown envy like that. You're much more attractive than I was when I was younger. ☺

I think there is just more preasure now days for females to look a certain way and I just feel bad because I can't meet the standards that I am seeing and it makes my goals seem so far out of reach and useless.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Girl. I feel ya. I really do. I've gotten to the place where I can flip almost all that pressure off. If you can work your way here I will cheer you on while you yell your first "eff you all" into the wind.

Yeah, I still have my moments. We're human, we all have those moments where we get sucked into the vapid void but eff everybody's standards. You are a valuable and important person. No qualifier. No I will be when I.... You just are.
  • vholley60197
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Girl. I feel ya. I really do. I've gotten to the place where I can flip almost all that pressure off. If you can work your way here I will cheer you on while you yell your first "eff you all" into the wind.

Yeah, I still have my moments. We're human, we all have those moments where we get sucked into the vapid void but eff everybody's standards. You are a valuable and important person. No qualifier. No I will be when I.... You just are.

WOW! Thanks for the encourgement. I have days where I feel good and days where I can't look at another woman without finding something to get jealous about. I started MFP in order to help myself get to a place where I can say "eff you all"! Hopefully I get there soon. I'm tired of being so insecure.
  • vholley60197
    Options

I think there is just more preasure now days for females to look a certain way and I just feel bad because I can't meet the standards that I am seeing and it makes my goals seem so far out of reach and useless.

I'm going to blame it on the Kardashians. Why? Because I can.

Sadly, we live in a society of fake boobs, fake lips, waist trainers, butt implants, fake hair, fake eyelashes and on and on and on. Be happy with what you were born with.

So true! That being said I have been envious of them before too but always remind myself that they have money and surgeons and are half plastic!