Calories in this

Options
i024717aoe3o.jpeg
I ate this acai bowl today it has granola bananas blueberries strawberries and coconut. About how much calories estimated overall??

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    How much does it all weigh? It's all carb, so 4 calories per gram if you were to remove the water.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Write to the manufacturer.

If they don't have that info, get another one and weigh everything individually.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My guess is a lot
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    How much does it all weigh? It's all carb, so 4 calories per gram if you were to remove the water.

Granola = fats
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I guess 546 calories. What does the winner get?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You need to learn how to do this for yourself.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    You are going to need to estimate how much of each ingredient is in it and log each one individually. You need to learn how to do that on your own if you want to be successful. No one would be able to give you an accurate count from a photo anyway.

This ^^^^^
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I found a few online that did have nutritional info and they ranged from about 400-800 calories. Yours looks closer to the higher end, based on photos. I would use 800, but at least try to log the ingredients to see if it's close
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    well for me, it would be zero calories, because i would puke it up due to the bananas. otherwise, i'd say ballpark...hmmm...700ish
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »

Granola = fats

And 3 grams of acai has 1.5 grams fat for every gram of carbs. So, there's that....

Oh, and coconut is more fat than anything else. But yeah, other than that, it's all carbs. Right?
  • PrincessMelodyj
    PrincessMelodyj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would say 500-800 calories. I find that when I am actively trying to lose weight, I only eat what I know the macros on. It is really tough when you are forced to guesstimate.
  • TheRealSlim_Shelly
    TheRealSlim_Shelly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I usually break down each individual component and log it that way. I am completely unfamiliar was açaí bowls and similar bowls as I’ve never had one- I have no idea what’s actually in the purple mixture, aside from the raw ingredients on the bottom and top. If you are really lost, I would look into one of chain fruit bowl places and see if you can find something identical in ingredients to this and see what they have listed as their calories. It won’t be too accurate because there may be other hidden ingredients in yours but it will give you at least an incredibly general ballpark. Next time I would ask for the ingredients at the very least - I would think they have to provide that for people with allergies. The more time you spend weighing and logging your foods, the more experience you will have with guesstimating with somewhat accuracy (and specifically ordering what you would be most likely capable of guesstimating with somewhat accuracy). Unfortunately there is no telling between the purple mixture and what’s actually in the granola. This is the risk you run with food places without calories listed - which is why a lot of folks either avoid those places or save up what they would think is a slightly overestimated amount of calories for it. I would log what you can and consider it a learning experience for next time.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How big is your hand?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I’d have thought that a company promoting ‘pure’ and ‘fresh’ foods would be keen to publish the calorie/‘health’ benefit contents of their menu, either in store or online.

Am I the only one who thinks it a little odd that they don’t, considering their target market would probably appreciate the information? That alone would make me dubious about eating there, seems counterintuitive to me!