More protein at breakfast

Options
Lately I've been addicted to overnight oats for breakfast but I'm looking to add more protein. I typically use old fashioned oats, whole milk, blueberries, and chia seeds. Does anyone have any ideas for an easy way to add more protein without adding a lot of sodium (i.e. bacon, sausage)?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Could you mix protein powder into your oats? Mix the protein powder with the milk first, then add to the oats, or it will clump.

• kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter has a little bit. Fried egg?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You could add in some protein powder. Or sub Greek yogurt for some of the milk (I think all Greek yogurt + chia seeds would turn out too dry).
  • chuckamaniac
    chuckamaniac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup Greek Yoghurt and 2/3 cup milk. I've used regular milk and almond milk, both work. Tinker with the amounts to get the consistency you want.
  • iusedqu1nn
    iusedqu1nn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to try adding some protein powder and see how that goes. :)
  • elitesportsdude
    elitesportsdude Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can easily make a shake of any kind of milk, peanut butter, greek yogurt, peanut butter, protein powder
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    My breakfast today: black coffee, 40 g oatmeal, 85 g blueberries, 21 g simply organic vanilla protein powder (I like the taste of this one - the organic part is inconsequential), 240 g Fage 2% greek yogurt = 46 g protein, 8 g fiber, 441 calories. I was really hungry and this hit the spot.