More protein at breakfast

Lately I've been addicted to overnight oats for breakfast but I'm looking to add more protein. I typically use old fashioned oats, whole milk, blueberries, and chia seeds. Does anyone have any ideas for an easy way to add more protein without adding a lot of sodium (i.e. bacon, sausage)?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2019
    Could you mix protein powder into your oats? Mix the protein powder with the milk first, then add to the oats, or it will clump.

• kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Peanut butter has a little bit. Fried egg?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    You could add in some protein powder. Or sub Greek yogurt for some of the milk (I think all Greek yogurt + chia seeds would turn out too dry).
  • chuckamaniac
    chuckamaniac Posts: 5 Member
    bacon
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    1/3 cup Greek Yoghurt and 2/3 cup milk. I've used regular milk and almond milk, both work. Tinker with the amounts to get the consistency you want.
  • iusedqu1nn
    iusedqu1nn Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to try adding some protein powder and see how that goes. :)
  • elitesportsdude
    elitesportsdude Posts: 17 Member
    Can easily make a shake of any kind of milk, peanut butter, greek yogurt, peanut butter, protein powder
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    My breakfast today: black coffee, 40 g oatmeal, 85 g blueberries, 21 g simply organic vanilla protein powder (I like the taste of this one - the organic part is inconsequential), 240 g Fage 2% greek yogurt = 46 g protein, 8 g fiber, 441 calories. I was really hungry and this hit the spot.