The Diamond Challenge: Round 5: Wk 2 - Little Diamond's

Options
Hello Diamonds, and Happy Week 2!

Starting on Monday, August 29th, Mondays are now Diamond Challenge Town Hall days! On Mondays please join the Shining Diamonds and the Diamonds in the Rough on the Town Hall page in order to answer the QOTD:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/329737-the-diamond-challenge-round-5-town-hall-meeting

We'll be back to business as usual on the Little Diamonds page on TUESDAY.

Keep Shining Ladies!
Jamaica

Replies

• barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hello little Diamonds!
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    have a great week everyone!
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Diamonds, I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction with this weeks challenge. I tend to drink water throughout the day from pint glasses. What kind of volume are we looking at with 8 glasses of water, I try and aim for 2 litres of water a day, is this about right?

Have a happy week diamonds and I hope with all the crazy weather in the East of the US just now everyone is keeping well.
  • LoraEllen
    Options
    Hoping everyone has a great week! Love yourself today :)
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi Diamonds, I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction with this weeks challenge. I tend to drink water throughout the day from pint glasses. What kind of volume are we looking at with 8 glasses of water, I try and aim for 2 litres of water a day, is this about right?

Have a happy week diamonds and I hope with all the crazy weather in the East of the US just now everyone is keeping well.

It looks like 2 liters equals 67.6 ounces. When I hear 8 glasses of water, I think of eight 8 oz glasses of water (64 total oz of water). So I think 2 liters is right there!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Here's to a great week ladies food-smiley-024.gif
  • carteremma
    Options
    It looks like 2 liters equals 67.6 ounces. When I hear 8 glasses of water, I think of eight 8 oz glasses of water (64 total oz of water). So I think 2 liters is right there!

Thanks!!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hoping everyone has a great week! Love yourself today :)

Love it! Go Diamonds!

By the way, this week's challenge is very hard for me. I never drank water (embarrassingly), and on a typical day I consume about 4 glasses! This week, I'll be thinking of you guys with every extra sip!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Have a great week little diamonds! I am in the challenge from today and ready to go! Not sure which team yet so please excuse profile pic x
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nikki!!!
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Water intake is SO hard for me...I just don't enjoy it AT all...BUT...I have been thinking of my lil diamond friends today and have 50oz in thus far!!
    Have a great week ladies!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I have this water thing in the bag!!! I drink water all day everyday! I just poured myself a glass that puts me at 64oz for the day but i'm sooo not done. I have 7 more hours of work so i'm sure i'll drink at least another 32 to 48oz!

I don't drink soda so i think that is a huge contributor to the large amounts of water. Also, I know the more water I drink the more full I will feel and in return will eat less.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Oof, drinking 8 glasses of water a day is hard for me,and its not because I drink OTHER stuff, just because I don't drink that much. I think its partially because I don't really sweat. Some kind of weird gland thing.

I do drink 8 on SOME days - I'lljust have to try extra hard. Today I'm up to about 4 or 5.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Oof, drinking 8 glasses of water a day is hard for me,and its not because I drink OTHER stuff, just because I don't drink that much. I think its partially because I don't really sweat. Some kind of weird gland thing.

I do drink 8 on SOME days - I'lljust have to try extra hard. Today I'm up to about 4 or 5.

You and me both... I actually didn't make it yesterday :-/ I'll try again today.
  • LittleDiamonds
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday: What is one of your favorite smells? Why?
  • miss_jamaica
    Options

When I was a teenager I was a foreign exchange student in southern France. My host family was pretty outdoorsy, and one of our favorite activities would be to picnic and swim in lakes/rivers/ponds etc. On one of our voyages we stopped at a lavender field and the children plucked fresh lavender. When we got home we embroidered letters onto burlap, filled them with lavender, and made scented sachets for our parents. That was over a decade ago and my mother's sachet (embroidered with the letter "M" for Mommie) still sits fragrantly in the hall of the house where I grew up. That is one of my favorite smells.
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options

One of my favorite smells is pine. I like the outdoor smell. Same with cut grass. Smells fresh and clean.
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    Posted under my ShiningDiamonds account....let me try that under my Little Daimonds account...LOL :laugh:
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    :bigsmile: QOTD Tuesday: What is one of your favorite smells? Why?

Mine would be Vanilla...I just love the way it smells and I love the smell of fresh cut grass as well :wink:

Much better
  • carteremma
    Options

I think this is quite a hard question! I relly like a lot of strange smells like petrol and rubber rings! I think my favorite smell is the smell of my Dad's vindaloo cooking away. It is more like a pickle rather than a curry and it smells of a mixture of vinegar, cumin, mustard seeds, cloves, cinnamon, garlic and ginger - mmm... my mouth is watering thinking about it. This was cooking for me when I returned form spending 3 months teaching in the Solomon Islands and ever since then to me it is a homely and welcoming smell - I may now have to make this for my dinner tonight!

Happy Tuesday diamons. It's noon here and I still have to start drinking my water for the day although I have had 3 cups of tea!