The Diamond Challenge (DITR) Round 5 Week 2

Options
Happy Week 2 Diamonds!!!

We were off to a very slow start last week and I plan on making up for it!! Time to kick it into high gear ladies!! There will be some team shuffling today so keep an eye on the roster!!

We're starting a new tradition ladies!! And it starts RIGHT NOW!! Please join us at the first ever Diamond Challenge Town Hall Meeting!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/329737-the-diamond-challenge-round-5-town-hall-meeting

This will be a Monday tradition where we join the other teams to answer a QOTD (light trash talk encouraged!) We will continue on with this thread for the rest of the week. Winners will be posted later today!!

Keep Shining Diamonds :)

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Morning DITR ladies. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Time to get back at it (for those of us... me included, who fell off the wagon over the weekend)

This weeks challenge should be easy - 8 glasses of water a day.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Morning Diamond friends!! I had a bad food day yesterday (damn fair) but we walked for about 7 hours straight...That counts for something, right?!
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    Morning Diamond friends!! I had a bad food day yesterday (damn fair) but we walked for about 7 hours straight...That counts for something, right?!

I skipped the fair this year for that very reason. I know though we will eat way too much while we're at Disney. But at least we will do all that walking and YES, it does count for something. The average miles per day is 10, but I bet we do more. We are true park commandos going from open to close, which can be a 16 hour day plus some days. That's a lot of walking. I think I will have to track it this year.
  • MommyRobot
    Options

I skipped the fair this year for that very reason. I know though we will eat way too much while we're at Disney. But at least we will do all that walking and YES, it does count for something. The average miles per day is 10, but I bet we do more. We are true park commandos going from open to close, which can be a 16 hour day plus some days. That's a lot of walking. I think I will have to track it this year.

Disney sounds like so much fun!! Have a blast!!
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Well I'm back from my hellish weekend with the hurricaine. We all made it through and are doing well. You may have read on my profile that we lost one of our vehicles due to a tree collapsing on it.

302322_783882226723_15201784_37585760_4973788_n.jpg

So we had pizza and beer last night, lol.

Back on track (and feeling pretty sick) today though. Definately gonna kick it into high gear this week.
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    WOW! I'm glad you're all safe, really, really sucks about your car!!! I say you totally deserved that pizza and beer!
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    o0IrishEyes0o, so sorry about your car, at least it was just the car, right? We were lucky in our part of DC, only a few branches on the streets.

Can't wait to see the weigh-in results! My teammate and I kicked some *kitten*!! :)
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Hey all!

Well I'm back from my hellish weekend with the hurricaine. We all made it through and are doing well. You may have read on my profile that we lost one of our vehicles due to a tree collapsing on it.

302322_783882226723_15201784_37585760_4973788_n.jpg

So we had pizza and beer last night, lol.

Back on track (and feeling pretty sick) today though. Definately gonna kick it into high gear this week.

WOW! Glad you are ok! Tough break with the car though!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Sorry about the wait ladies! The results are in and DITR lost a total of 34.5lbs!!! Way to go ladies! That is even with being 4 weigh ins short of a full team!

Yellow Team lost a total of 13.4lbs, which makes them our winning team!!! Congrats Ladies! candacens was the Yellow Teams biggest loser with a loss of 3lbs!

Pink came in second with a loss of 10.7lbs! holly_bear was the Pink Teams biggest loser with a loss of 4lbs, which also makes her the biggest loser of the whole DITR Team!! Wow girl!!!

Blue Team finished us off with a loss of 10.4lbs! kkmark was Blue Teams biggest loser with a loss of 2.5lbs!!

Way to go Diamonds and a big CONGRATULATIONS to our winners!! (individual winners, as well as the entire Yellow Team can now head over to the DITR blog and claim their signature diamond!!)
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who lost and to the yellow team!!! Way to go girls!!!. Now pink team, lets kick it up a notch this week!! :smile:
  • holly_bear
    Options
    I am sooo happy about this week!! I hope I can keep it up. Today was a challenge!!!! Here is too another great week! Let's go pink diamonds!!!!!!
  • holly_bear
    Options
    ohhh and a big shout out to my partner kris 24842!
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    Congrats ladies. :drinker:
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Diamonds, I have assigned the QOTD! You can find the schedule next to your name on the TEAMS roster (in the blog). Be sure to have a look, you don't want to miss your day!!

Some of you are partner-less at the moment. Waiting on confirmation from a few new members!! Remember the Diamond Challenge is a commitment, if you don't think you are ready for something like this let me know!! On the other side, if you have an inactive partner, message me...we can get you the support you deserve!!
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    Good Morning Diamonds!

QOTD- Have you set up a mini-goals and rewards system for yourself? If so, what are those goals and rewards?

Mine looks something like this-

CW-229
    goal- 199 Massage
    goal- 170 New shoes (and I'm not buying any til I get there, unless I have to...like if the damn dog chews my heel off again)
    goal- 145 Spa day
    Final- 130 NEW WARDROBE! =D (including a gorgeous skirt suit and the perfect red pumps <3)
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    QOTD- Have you set up a mini-goals and rewards system for yourself? If so, what are those goals and rewards?

I did, but I don't think I'm going to make it. I wanted to be 247 lbs by Oct 31st. If that happened then I was going to get a $1000 shopping spree in NYC! I'm going to have to reevaluate my goal plans. Good QOTD to start thinking about that again.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Diamonds!

Mine looks something like this-

CW-229
    goal- 199 Massage
    goal- 170 New shoes (and I'm not buying any til I get there, unless I have to...like if the damn dog chews my heel off again)
    goal- 145 Spa day
    Final- 130 NEW WARDROBE! =D (including a gorgeous skirt suit and the perfect red pumps <3)

I actually hadn't set up mini goals and a reward system. Honestly I hadn't thought about it until now. I'm going to though because the thought of mini goals and rewards makes losing the weight even more exciting!!

So here's mine:

CW: 261
    Goal: 250 - Mani-pedi day
    Goal: 230 - Day at the hair salon
    Goal: 200 - Massage
    Goal: 170 - New work out clothes
    Goal: 160 - New shoes
    Goal: 140 - new clothes because I know I'll need them at that point
    Goal: 130 - GOAL WEIGHT - New wardrobe complete with cute work out clothes and shoes!!

My rewards may change as I come across different things that motivate me, but at least this is a start.
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had set up mini goals of a hair cut (done) and then getting highlights. But in wake of a disastrous attempt to colour my hair myself, I think I will switch to a mani-pedi.

I goto Vegas on Sept 6 and then I have a cruise on Sept 29. I'd LIKE to be in the 130s by the cruise, so I'm hoping to be super strict the next 30 days...
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello Diamonds. Today is my first day with DITR and I'm so happy to be here. I am part of the Yellow team. :) I look forward to getting to know you ladies as we all go through this weight loss journey together.

o0IrishEyes0o: Yikes, I'm so sorry to hear about your car. I'm glad that you and your family are safe otherwise.

kris24824: We're practically neighbors. I'm in NoVa (Springfield).

AleenaZ: We're partners. Yay!

QOTD: I hadn't set up any rewards for my goals, but I guess now is as good a time as any.
    Start: 130 (June 2011)
    Current: 123
    Mini Goal: 120 (new pair of running shoes)
    Final Goal: 115 by Christmas (new bathing suit)

We are going to the beach for Christmas and I'd love to be bikini ready by then. :)