Detox smoothie

IssaQueen2019
IssaQueen2019 Posts: 3 Member
I’m re starting my journey and looking for a healthy kick off, anyone know of any good detox smoothie recipe they can share.

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Don’t know of a detox smoothie, but 2 of my problems are getting enough vegetables and drinking enough water, so I drink vegetable juice and water infused with cucumber. Has the added benefits of making me fuller and making me crave sweets less.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    How do you judge one good? By the standard of the people promoting them, it would seem a good one is one that leads to giving a lot of money to a charlatan. In terms of good being how well it removes toxins, all smoothies are about equally good or bad really.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    As others noted, your body detoxes very efficiently eliminating the need for a detox smoothie.
    I can honestly say that I’ve never had a smoothie. I prefer the satisfaction I get from chewing my food.
  • being_camille
    being_camille Posts: 33 Member
    I’m a smoothie queen! I love ice cream at the end of the day, and have switched to making smoothies for dessert. I finish my smoothie w a cup of herbal tea (either a detox blend or peppermint). This works really well for me, and if you like herbal teas I’d suggest to give it a try! It also stops me from craving more smoothies, which is good bc I have been slowly overcoming binge eating disorders.
    My fav smoothie recipe is:

1 frozen banana
    1/2 avocado (or another 1/2 frozen banana if u don’t like avocado)
    I tsp vanillia extract
    Sprinkle of cinnamon
    3 ice cubes
    1/4 C unsweetened vanilla cashew milk

Blend and enjoy!

This is no sugar and no dairy so it’s anti inflammatory and will def benefit in detoxing!
    Let me know if you try it! ♥️

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I’m a smoothie queen! I love ice cream at the end of the day, and have switched to making smoothies for dessert. I finish my smoothie w a cup of herbal tea (either a detox blend or peppermint). This works really well for me, and if you like herbal teas I’d suggest to give it a try! It also stops me from craving more smoothies, which is good bc I have been slowly overcoming binge eating disorders.

1 frozen banana
    I tsp vanillia extract
    Sprinkle of cinnamon
    3 ice cubes

Blend and enjoy!

This is no sugar and no dairy so it’s anti inflammatory and will def benefit in detoxing!

None of that helps detoxing. Your livers and organs do that. Now nothing wrong with enjoying a smoothie but they don't have magic detoxing powers.

Not to mention that the detox teas are basically laxatives.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member

1 frozen banana
    I tsp vanillia extract
    Sprinkle of cinnamon
    3 ice cubes

Blend and enjoy!

There is no such thing as "detoxing" smoothies or foods. This has been a scam endorsed by the diet and fitness industries to try to get people to eat better. There's no need for them to lie about it. If people want to have more NUTRITIOUS options, THAT is what they should be endorsing and not "detoxing" since eating foods and drinking drinks isn't what REMOVES POISON from the body. That is what a toxin is. Snake venom is a toxin. Spider venom is a toxin. Gila monster saliva is a toxin. NOTHING we eat is a toxin unless we're purposely trying to poison ourselves. ANYTHING in excess can become TOXIC to the body. Even too much water without replenishing electrolytes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    What toxins have you ingested that your kidneys and liver won’t take care of, that don’t require an ER, that will benefit from some sort of fruit purée?

This ^^^^

Your body detox itself. Good news, right?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    What toxins have you ingested that your kidneys and liver won’t take care of, that don’t require an ER, that will benefit from some sort of fruit purée?

This ^^^^

Your body detox itself. Good news, right?

Yes, but bad news for the scamsters selling this crap. :D
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Yup, that's true. 😀