After 226lb and a lifetime...

124»

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I'm stunned. Your transformation is incredible. Thanks for sharing such a personal story and inspiring me. <3
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    @ceiswyn, well done! You're hard work and determination have certainly paid off for you big time! You truly are a wonderful inspiration. :smile:

• bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,305 Member
    I'm so glad you bumped this! I don't remember ever seeing your before pictures. You ROCK!
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Conragts on the awesome achievement !
  • Neightyre29
    Neightyre29 Posts: 47 Member
    My god this is amazing. I'm so glad you're still with us and celebrating your health in your newfound body! Live well :)
  • Aimeellen
    Aimeellen Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2019
    I honestly cried real happy and hopefull tears. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I can relate to what you have said. I am 27 years old, have been overweight/obese all of my life and I have now reached 25 stone with a lot of health issues. I am hoping to reach 11 stone too! Although 10st 6lbs would put me at a BMI of 25.

Thank you again for sharing your inspiring story!
  • LosingIt2022
    LosingIt2022 Posts: 47 Member
    Exactly what I needed to read today. I have 13 stone to lose and it feels like an impossible task. You've done such an amazing job at turning your life around, such a strong woman and role-model!
  • mstheglitch
    mstheglitch Posts: 37 Member
    Wow. I wouldn't even think you are the same woman. Amazing. You are amazing.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Huge congratulations for your amazing results. Hard work every step of the way, but you did it!

So lovely to see the Iceland pics, I knew as soon as I saw the waterfall where you were! What an amazing place, we went a couple of years ago as it was a place I’d wanted to visit since I was a small child. Exceeded all expectations and if it were possible I’d move there in a heartbeat!
  • angiesjourney
    angiesjourney Posts: 66 Member
    I have about 120 lbs to lose. Lost 16.5 so far. I am curious if you had loose skin. And if you don’t is there anything you did to help it?
  • angiesjourney
    angiesjourney Posts: 66 Member
    Ohh. Forgot.... you look fabulous!’
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    WOW. Seriously, just... wow. Your hard work and determination is a real inspiration.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    WOW- Awesome - Very inspiring.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thankyou all for your kind words! Some days are still a struggle, but I love the end so much result I'm highly motivated to keep it :)
    I have about 120 lbs to lose. Lost 16.5 so far. I am curious if you had loose skin. And if you don’t is there anything you did to help it?

I do have some loose skin, though fortunately less than I had feared. At the moment I have a pudgy tummy, and some loose skin on my upper arms and thighs that either forms flaps or droops into wrinkles depending on orientation. However, that actually makes it sound worse than it is; it's not something that people immediately notice, and of course it's mostly covered by clothes.

It's also all a lot less loose than it was last year. There was a time immediately after weight loss where I had some quite deep lines in my face that made me look older; but I have noticed, and friends have commented, that most of those lines are now gone and I look much more my youthful (well, OK, 40s) self.

Given how much weight I lost, and that I'd been obese for my entire life, I've been pleasantly surprised by how well my skin's recovered. My naked body is never going to look entirely 'normal' , but a) anyone who is likely to get to see my naked body is not going to care about that and b) I kind of like having the visible reminder of what I've achieved.
  • donnadee1984
    donnadee1984 Posts: 46 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Goodness, was that almost a year ago?!

Welp, in an update; I've maintained the loss, and established that I'm happiest at a weight somewhere between 10 st 5 and 10 st 9.

On the down side, I seem to have developed binge eating disorder, which is not making maintenance easy! Unfortunately, I always seem to be too busy to get to my GP and talk about treatment...

On the up side, I'm in the mid-to-late stages of training for a sponsored 24-hour hike in Scotland this autumn. Turns out it's quite difficult to binge on chocolate when you're 9 miles from the nearest food :) Also, one of my favourite fitness instructors told me I looked good and asked if I'd lost weight, so I'd say recomposition is going well. And the wrinkles in my face, upper arms and thighs are definitely not as deep as they used to be. Go, go skin elasticity!

How much did you loose? X
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Goodness, was that almost a year ago?!

Welp, in an update; I've maintained the loss, and established that I'm happiest at a weight somewhere between 10 st 5 and 10 st 9.

On the down side, I seem to have developed binge eating disorder, which is not making maintenance easy! Unfortunately, I always seem to be too busy to get to my GP and talk about treatment...

On the up side, I'm in the mid-to-late stages of training for a sponsored 24-hour hike in Scotland this autumn. Turns out it's quite difficult to binge on chocolate when you're 9 miles from the nearest food :) Also, one of my favourite fitness instructors told me I looked good and asked if I'd lost weight, so I'd say recomposition is going well. And the wrinkles in my face, upper arms and thighs are definitely not as deep as they used to be. Go, go skin elasticity!

How much did you loose? X

226 lb. It's in the thread title :)

(Actually it's now 235 lb, because I've found that that's where I'm most comfortable with myself)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!