The Diamond Challenge: Round 5 - Town Hall Meeting!

Options

Replies

• AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    No one lost lbs from the Yellow team ? DANG !!!!
    I lost 1.4 lbs and I did weigh myself in yesterday around 10am central time but I don't see my name in there ...Was I too late ?

QOTD Response : When I went abroad to study as an exchange student .. what memories ..loved it !
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    QOTD: What is your first memory of being very excited?

hmmmm.... I distinctly remember the first day of Kindergarten and how excited I was to be there! I was so excited to make friends (I grew up on a ranch, and we had no neighbors, so I didn't hang out with other kids my age until I went to Kindergarten).
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.4 lbs and I did weigh myself in yesterday around 10am central time but I don't see my name in there ...Was I too late ?

QOTD Response : When I went abroad to study as an exchange student .. what memories ..loved it !

I think that chart is just for the Little Diamonds team.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I think that chart is just for the Little Diamonds team.

That is correct. I'm sure Jennifer will post for the Diamonds in the Rough sometime today. Next week I'll be sure to gather the data from all teams over the weekend. I didn't bother this time since the Shining Diamonds just formed.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I remember waking up on my 5th birthday so excited....My mom had always told me once I was 5 I could go to school (I am the youngest in my family and wanted so bad to go to school with my brothers and sister)....I distinctly remember waking up and crawling up to the top cupboard in our kitchen for an old metal lunchkit before my mom caught me....unfortunately, my birthday is in January, and my mom had to tell me I couldn't go to school until September. Excited...then bummed!

Sigh...if only my kids would get that excited for school....
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    First memory of being really excited is a toughie, I remember being excited about cabbage patch kids, monchichi, but I think I was most excited when we went to Walt Disney World when I was 9.

Congrats to all the ladies that lost!!

And welcome to the new Shining Diamonds!!!
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I remember being so excited that we were going to have another baby in our family - I was 6.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Bump for later... I'm super busy right now working two jobs and have a 14 hour day today. I will post my response asap though:smile:
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of exciting moments in my life. Actually I am not sure what my first one was, but i definitly know the moment, when i was most excited. It was on March 23rd 2005. This was the day when I was accepted for an exchange year in the US. I was so excited you can't believe, as this was my biggest dream for years! And on Sunday it will already be 6 years, that I left for my year abroud in Cincinnati! :-)

Have a nice week everyone! Keep shining diamonds!

Hey, that's a good one. I was an exchange student in the States (Oklahoma) in 2004/05. I was so freakin' happy when I got accepted. One of the best years of my life. I miss it so much! Actually, I'm going to add you. Always good to have friends on here who are in the same time zone as me. :)

I don't really know what the first exciting moment of my life was. I don't have that many memories of my childhood and when I do, I can't always place them. One exciting moment was when I started secondary school (i.e. 5th grade, at age 10). After 4th grade, all kids in Germany go to a new school, so I found myself in a classroom where I knew no one except for one girl who had also gone to my primary school (but we weren't that close). I quickly met who would be my best friend for the next few years, though. One of the things I remember bonding over with her was that she lived across the street from my grandmother. :)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options

I lost weight but it doesnt seem to be included??????
  • ehlertmartha
    Options
    First memory of being excited?

I was 8 years old going to disney land for the first time i could believe my eyes when i saw mickey mouse it finally hit me that i was actulally there
  • miss_jamaica
    Options

The Diamonds in the Rough have a separate list. Your team leader will post it! :-)
  • ehlertmartha
    Options

Same here i did too
  • miss_jamaica
    Options

Same here i did too
    Your Diamonds in the Rough team leader will post it!
  • Chirron40
    Chirron40 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I have an aunt that is the same age as me. When I was 6, we moved near my grandparents (& my aunt). I was very excited because we have always had a special bond, we were more like sisters.
  • Imgoingdown
    Imgoingdown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think mine was when I got my first Easy Bake Oven. You couldn't tell me I wasn't Julia Child. LOL
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options

I think this was my earliest memory, we moved house when I was nearly four and I remember eating sandwiches in our new kitchen with the removal men. Exciting stuff! Probably closely followed by my first trip to the cinema with my older brother to see 101 dalmations!
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    QOTD Response:

I have a terrible memory myself, but I do recall being thrilled to get a doll called a "Baby Alive" when I was about six or seven. It is a doll that moves it's mouth when you feed it, then poops and pees into a diaper. My mother would "pamper" me by buying me pampers for my baby doll. Every time I did something good she would give me fresh pampers to use! LOL. I believe the doll looked different when I had one, but this is the modern version:

My friend had one of those and it creeped me out something awful! I'm glad to know they are still around.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I wish I could write that I got a Cabbage Patch doll because my Mom stood in line or something. But we didn't have the money to pay for one, so I got a knock off. You really can't fool 5 year olds into thinking it the same -- cause it ain't! And I knew it wasn't real anyway, because it didn't have a tattoo on the butt. The commercial told me so.

An exciting memory?

When my brother and I were in grade school, our parents packed us up one day to go to the dentist. And parked in the Disneyland parking lot. We saw Dr. Disney to have cavities filled. No, just kidding. We went on all the rides! And I didn't get my first cavity until I was 22.
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    My very first excited memory was going to Smoky Mountains and visiting the Ghosttown in the sky. My mom dressed me and my brother up in western clothing and we watched a gun fight in the town street. When the gun went off, I threw my coke all over the person behind me!