• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    The insectitarian diet.

(((Shudder)))
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Replacing meat protein with insect protein is growing in popularity so that is a possibility. I would definitely try it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Replacing meat protein with insect protein is growing in popularity so that is a possibility. I would definitely try it.

I've eaten a few different types of insects in their whole forms (cooked, though, not raw). I've never tried any of the insect protein powders or powder-based foods. I've got no problems with it conceptually.

But I do expect that like lots of other things that are perfectly reasonable options in moderation, or things that work well for some people even in a less moderate approach, somebody will eventually proclaim that a diet based largely or exclusively on insect protein is the absolutely best-est-est way for all the people to lose weight, with secret magical fat-burning and life-extending powers.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    I would love the next trend to be "Customized Diet". Where people educate themselves, keep a journal and see what works for THEM!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I don't think Keto is going anywhere anytime soon. When I first came back here about a year ago, I hadn't heard about Keto except on this board. Now I see my Facebook friends posting about it. I dont think it's reached its peak yet.

The other big thing that is coming plant-dier/meat replacements. That is taking off big time, and only looks to explode in the next several years. I don't know if you can really call it a "diet trend", because the people who eat them still sometimes eat meat, but I do think that people eating plant based replacements for meat is the next "thing"

Or meat based vegetables? :D

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a28198683/arbys-marrot-vegetables-made-of-meat/
  • NovusDies
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

I've eaten a few different types of insects in their whole forms (cooked, though, not raw). I've never tried any of the insect protein powders or powder-based foods. I've got no problems with it conceptually.

But I do expect that like lots of other things that are perfectly reasonable options in moderation, or things that work well for some people even in a less moderate approach, somebody will eventually proclaim that a diet based largely or exclusively on insect protein is the absolutely best-est-est way for all the people to lose weight, with secret magical fat-burning and life-extending powers.

I should really check into it. It gets tiring always being sensible. It might be fun to believe in food magiks.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I would love the next trend to be "Customized Diet". Where people educate themselves, keep a journal and see what works for THEM!

Ugh...that just REEKS of effort. Just tell me exactly what foods to eat and when so I don't have to do anything or think. :D
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Please please please let it be the peeps cleanse!

Don't want to be jailed :(
  • CardinalComb
    CardinalComb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What about the liquid only diet? Not meaning the irish version where you just drink pints all day. More like all your meals need to be in juice form. Bowl of cereal?... Juice it. Steak and potato for dinner?... Juice it.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »

For once I am ahead of the trends. I have been doing this exact diet for the last few months. Guess what...it is working!
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I wonder if restriction cycling will manage to gather steam. The basic idea is that you heavily restrict for 2 weeks and then eat maintenance for 2 weeks. What it is supposed to do is continually reset your BMR back to normal to improve weight loss efficiency. It is taking 'diet breaks' and elevating them to the next level.

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm voting for the incredible weight-loss powers of geophagy.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Breatharianism... The ultimate weight loss woe :D

nedia (Latin for 'fasting') or breatharianism /brɛθˈɛəriənɪzəm/ is the belief that it is possible for a person to live without consuming food, and in some cases water.