Sisterhood HCP Week 6

Options

Replies

• hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Christine- you should be so proud of yourself, that is a HUGE accomplishment to be able to fit into smaller jeans :flowerforyou: I cant wait tobe able to do that :laugh:

REsa- I give you congrats on being able to play volleyball after plyo. I did it yesterday and I am pretty darn sore today :tongue: I am looking forward to shoulder and arms today and give my legs a rest! Do you eat all your exercise calories?

Kaycee- WHat is the 30 day shred?

Ariella- Great job on resisting the pizza! I have a really hard time resisting free food at work (seeing as Im a broke law student :grumble: )
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Christine- you should be so proud of yourself, that is a HUGE accomplishment to be able to fit into smaller jeans :flowerforyou: I cant wait tobe able to do that :laugh:

REsa- I give you congrats on being able to play volleyball after plyo. I did it yesterday and I am pretty darn sore today :tongue: I am looking forward to shoulder and arms today and give my legs a rest! Do you eat all your exercise calories?

Ariella- Great job on resisting the pizza! I have a really hard time resisting free food at work (seeing as Im a broke law student :grumble: )

thank you thank you - yeah im here until 6 and resisting the urge so badly i want those doughnuts actually i want the chocolate cake ok no more talk :devil: ,...30 day shred is the dvd workout video of Jillian Michaels from the biggest loser its 20 minutes of cardio 10 of strength training non stop moving...i personally only do the strength part cause i do waking for cardio (soon soon soon bike riding) but the shred is great there are 3 levels and def start level one. also each level has a beginer person you can watch or a more advanced person and jillian is also doing it ....i got mine from amazon for 9 dollars totally worth it. hope that helped:bigsmile:
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options

Thanks! That does help :happy: Ill have to look into that as a reward for my self once I do a full set of P90x :drinker:

thank you thank you - yeah im here until 6 and resisting the urge so badly i want those doughnuts actually i want the chocolate cake ok no more talk :devil: ,...30 day shred is the dvd workout video of Jillian Michaels from the biggest loser its 20 minutes of cardio 10 of strength training non stop moving...i personally only do the strength part cause i do waking for cardio (soon soon soon bike riding) but the shred is great there are 3 levels and def start level one. also each level has a beginer person you can watch or a more advanced person and jillian is also doing it ....i got mine from amazon for 9 dollars totally worth it. hope that helped:bigsmile:
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you got your Shred!!! I have it, too, but haven't tried it out yet. How do you like it? I was thinking about using it on my days off from P90X, but I don't know if my body can handle Jillian just yet!!!:laugh:

I can't believe that you are taking on P90X but you are worried that you can't handle Jillian! If you can handle P90X you can pretty much handle anything! My husband completed the whole series but I have been afraid to commit to it myself. The DVD's just sit there staring at me!!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I'm so glad that you got your Shred!!! I have it, too, but haven't tried it out yet. How do you like it? I was thinking about using it on my days off from P90X, but I don't know if my body can handle Jillian just yet!!!:laugh:

I can't believe that you are taking on P90X but you are worried that you can't handle Jillian! If you can handle P90X you can pretty much handle anything! My husband completed the whole series but I have been afraid to commit to it myself. The DVD's just sit there staring at me!!
    I know right? You took the words right out of my mouth!! I'm too much of a weenie, so I got 30 day shred instead of p90X!!:laugh: I love it, it's challenging, but not so much that I get into the habit of "it's too hard, I'll do extra next time". Besides, she's not as tough on the DVDs.:laugh:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm just afraid of Jillian:laugh: ... She's a little scary on the B.L. I don't honestly know if I can handle doing something more on top of P90X right now, anyway-the whole "muscle confusion" thing is really throwing my body for a loop right now, and my lower body is so sore that I thought I was going to fall down when I got out of bed this morning. It's amazing how you can feel perfectly fine one second and then be sore the next:grumble: . Maybe I'll add some extra walking in, but definitely nothing crazy...
  • MissResa
    Options

I have decided not to eat all of my exercise calories, but maybe 50-75%. The only reason why I'm not going to eat them all is that I'm afraid that if this website is off, I'll end up staying the same. I think that may even be the reason why I haven't seen a big change in weight the last couple of weeks-MFP was calculating a bigger amount of calories burned than what I was actually using, and so when I did eat some of my calories I ended up wasting all the effort I was putting into my workout!!!

What about you? Now that you have your HRM, what are you planning to do?
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    I think that I am going to stay with the 1200 unless I do a plyo day or when I start to do the couch to 5k (I am going to do this on my days when I do the strength potion of p90x, Once it finally gets warm enough to run outside :grumble: ). I think the calorie deficit will just be too large if I dont eat more on those days and my body will go into starvation mode, which is the last thing I want.

Days like today though I am just doing shoulders and arms and I dont burn much on this day so I am just going to stick with the 1200, and hope that by not eating my extra calories it will just give me a little extra wt loss. :happy:
  • MissResa
    Options
    From what I've read on other threads of P90Xers, I think that if I maintain around 1600 calories or even 1700 calories a day, I'll be okay and not in a huge deficit, but it also depends on how many calories I burn. On Plyo days, maybe a little more(1700) and on heavy weight training days maybe around 1650. I'll have to really pay attention to it now that I have a more accurate read on my calorie burn.

I have Back and Biceps, ARX today, and am very curious to see how much I burn...:bigsmile:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am feeling much better today. I made it to the gym. However I am looking at the amount of calories I have consumed and I am thinking oh shoot I still have to eat dinner. I have not over eaten. I had one cup of Honey nut shredded wheat with 1 cup 1% milk for breakfast. That was 290 calories. Then for a snack I had a banana with Peanut butter which was 295 calories and my lunch is a WW meal and it is 300 calories. I am not sure how anyone can be under there calories. I am slways trying to keep from going over. Anyway Just wanted to say Goodmorning.
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am feeling much better today. I made it to the gym. However I am looking at the amount of calories I have consumed and I am thinking oh shoot I still have to eat dinner. I have not over eaten. I had one cup of Honey nut shredded wheat with 1 cup 1% milk for breakfast. That was 290 calories. Then for a snack I had a banana with Peanut butter which was 295 calories and my lunch is a WW meal and it is 300 calories. I am not sure how anyone can be under there calories. I am slways trying to keep from going over. Anyway Just wanted to say Goodmorning.

im the princess of going under :devil: how many calories you have left for dinner maybe i can help?
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    So I just got to work, rarely do I ever work in the morning and guess what is waiting here? Cream cheese danish and donuts :mad:

I had one bite of a danish and wrapped it up in a paper towel and now it is sitting on top of my shelf. I think I am going to throw it in the trash so I just dont have to think about it :noway:

Last night I was really bad, I ordered a pizza with a friend :grumble: So today has to be good. I am doing to workouts today to make up for yesterday :drinker:

STUPID WORK and there unhealthy free food. Why cant they give us free apples? :tongue: (even though I remember as a kid hating apples that I got for halloween, now I wish I had them!)
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    Well we had our weigh in at work this morning. I was down a total of four lbs from last friday. I know thats a great number for one week, but I can't help but think of what it might have been if I had been able to workout. I don't think my heart rate got over 90 in the last week! If I had been able to do just 2 or 3 P90X workouts I could have lost more.....Oh well. I'm excited about what i did lose just by staying strong on my diet when I couldn't workout. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Well we had our weigh in at work this morning. I was down a total of four lbs from last friday. I know thats a great number for one week, but I can't help but think of what it might have been if I had been able to workout. I don't think my heart rate got over 90 in the last week! If I had been able to do just 2 or 3 P90X workouts I could have lost more.....Oh well. I'm excited about what i did lose just by staying strong on my diet when I couldn't workout. Hope everyone has a great day!
    How long is your contest at work? How are you doing compared to everyone else? I think you are doing great, just think of next week with the workouts what you might lose.
  • thompsons81702
    Options

im the princess of going under :devil: how many calories you have left for dinner maybe i can help?
    You eat much heathier than I do probably has something to do I am cooking for me and two kids. So that means a lot of processed unhealthy foods. I think I am going to have some chicken and veggies for dinenr. I have like 545 calories or something like that. I should be good.
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    My Contest at work has two parts. The first section goes from feb to june, and that is to see who loses the most lbs and also who loses the most %. The second part goes from june til the end of the year and it is to see who keeps the most weight off in that time period. We don't have any weigh ins during the second part, just one weigh in at the end of the year. they are paying 250 for each winner of the first stage, and 500 for the winner at the end. I really hope I win all of them. The girl that won last year won all and got $1,000 bucks! My Bank has 7 branches so i don't really know how everyone is doing at the other branches, but in my branch I am leading:happy: . I want to say last year the winner had about 16% Body weight lost. If I reach my goal I set for my self then I will be at 21% body weight lost! As of right now in the competition I am already at almost 6%. I just hope it keeps coming!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Good Morning all!!!
    I know I'm a little late in my morning post, but we had to track down our first calf this morning. Thought we might have lost him to coyotes, but he's safe and sound and sooo cute. I love them when they are little, and then they grow up and are stupid and I want to punch them in the face.:laugh: Anyway, all else is good here. If I'm a little more scarce than normal, just chalk it up to calving, not that I'm leaving you.:wink:
    Ariella -- your food choices seem great, I just don't know why you're always under on cals. My only thing would be to change breakfast a little, but that's just cuz I get up way too early and don't get lunch until about 1 in the afternoon. I usually have an egg and some turkey bacon, sometimes with some wheat toast. So by the time I get my coffee (yes with lots of yummy creamer), my breakfast is around 300-350 cals. I've found that it really gives me a jump start (since I am sooooo not a morning person, but my hubby and now the child both are) and I'm not nearly as hungry throughout the day. Just a thought. I think you are an enigma.:laugh: I just don't know what to do with you.:laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MissResa
    Options
    It's a little foreign to hear about calving season when you live in Alaska... It's so darn cold here that I don't think anyone wants to be out taking care of livestock when it's 40 below zero...:blushing: What is it that you and your hubby do? Just curious, because I didn't know if you had like a dairy farm or were raising cattle for other purposes. My husband grew up in P.A. and showed me "slaughter cows", but I can't call it that. I end up calling them "hamburger cows" because it sounded a little less brutal for my daughter when she was little.:laugh:
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    It's a little foreign to hear about calving season when you live in Alaska... It's so darn cold here that I don't think anyone wants to be out taking care of livestock when it's 40 below zero...:blushing: What is it that you and your hubby do? Just curious, because I didn't know if you had like a dairy farm or were raising cattle for other purposes. My husband grew up in P.A. and showed me "slaughter cows", but I can't call it that. I end up calling them "hamburger cows" because it sounded a little less brutal for my daughter when she was little.:laugh:

I totally understand what you mean. I wasn't raised around this lifestyle, so it took some adjusting. I'm a bleeding heart by nature, so the first calf (not a baby, he was almost a yearling) that died from sickness in front of me, I bawled my eyes out!:laugh: But then you have to go back to the calving barn, cuz you have to pull a calf or else it will die. You understand real quickly about the "circle of life" and how life goes on even in the midst of death. Hubby is kinda like an assistant manager of a ranch. I just help now that he needs it (for the next couple of months). Here at our house we have about 350 mommas, up the road at headquarters there's another 300 and at the station to the southeast there's another 300. That's a bunch of babies! They are only cute for a couple hundred pounds or so. Then I think it's kinda like teenagers, you just want to lock them in their room (till they crawl out the window!). Then they turn into big pains in the butts and then it's time to wean and ship them off to Burger King :laugh: . (not really cuz the people we work for have their own feedlots they go to) By then you are very happy to see them go.
    As far as the temps, been there, not fun. I remember our first calving season (different ranch in Colorado where it was just the 2 of us) was frigid. It didn't get above 0 for 2 solid months and parts of November we 30-40 below. :noway: That wasn't fun.
    Hamburger cows?:laugh: :laugh: that's funny. The last steer we raised to butcher for ourselves, had a name. (everything has a name with me) I called him Pork-Chop. I thought it was hilarious, but that's just my sense of humor I suppose.:laugh:
    Oh by the way, I'm so glad I've been working out as long as I have been. Today would have killed me. We had a few gate malfunctions while sorting off the heavies (cows that are going to pop any second) to bring them closer to the house. Of course hubby was on a horse I was on foot. I can't even tell you how much I ran in between gates and after stupid cows today, on top of hearing Jillian this morning. I'm exhausted to say the least. I just had to get on here and unwind a bit. It's going to be a long couple of months. But think of the calories I burned and didn't even think about it.:wink:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!! I thought my life was crazy... But yours has got to be on a whole new level of busy!!! I have much respect for you, PunkinHeads... There have been posts on other threads about how we all have the same 24 hours, and although I do agree to some extent, I also know that there are some people who have such a BUSY 24 hours, that it's just not the same as a regular working mom... You definitely fit into the crazy-busy category. I don't know how you find time to workout, but it pushes me not to make any excuses!!!:flowerforyou: