Why is so little attention given to maintenance?

Over the years, I have found it easy to lose weight when I set out to do so, but I eventually regain it. I don't want to do this cycle anymore. I know if I could keep the motivation going, I can do this. I think I (and the other maintainers) could use more social support for long term success. This community is great, but even here, the "Goal: Maintaining Weight" is one of the least active boards. I am in several support groups on FB, I tried finding a support group for people that have reached their weight and maintaining, but no avail (maybe I am not using the right keywords? Is anyone aware of one?) There are tons of weight loss groups. Anyway, why there is so little social attention given to the maintenance stage, given how hard it is? Isn't the long term success rate only 5 to 20 %?

Replies

• dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Bump
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited September 2019
    I would say because about 10 % of the world's population carries their ideal weight - and therefore is on "maintenance". The rest is just about starving to death or........ (which includes me!) :)
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    I've been maintaining for about 2.5 years. I've had some small gains and drops over that time. Feel free to add me for support.