What do you do when you’re emotionally spent?

13»

Replies

• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I emotionally save again
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Boiling bubble bath, bath oil, incense, having Alexa turn the lights down to 10%, and play waterfall music on the bathroom echo.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    I grab something to eat and that's why I'm here again.
    Other than that, I'll go full hermit.
    If I'm at work I just go on autopilot and I think it freaks people out.
  • Reckoner68
    I retreat from just about everything, then if I come back to things it's always with a name that's incremented up by 1 and no profile picture
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I retreat from just about everything, then if I come back to things it's always with a name that's incremented up by 1 and no profile picture

A bunch of us are particularly jazzed for your next screen name
  • Reckoner68
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I'll go right to 70 cause I'm old and crabby
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I'll go right to 70 cause I'm old and crabby

And miss the chance to change reckoner to wreckinher? I mean
  • Having dealt with dark depression and trauma my advice would be do what you set out to do even if you don’t feel like it as it at least gave me control over something in my life. Things will happen and it’s life but my deepest strength was built in those moments.

If your a outward emotional person then writing or something focused can help too. And another thing is to actually identify the emotions and move forward so much of society is distraction but you cant fix what you don’t have a name for.
  • mamakatiekat
    mamakatiekat Posts: 73 Member
    My only time lately to decompress is going to the gym. It's my alone time and it always puts me in a better mood.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    My first choice is to go for a long, exhausting swim. No one can see your tears in the pool.
    If I can't do that I'll cuddle with me cats, cry and drink wine. I did a lot of both whike going through my divorce and move to a new state.
    I'm much better now, time really does help.