Ghost Stories - I Want To Hear Your Best!

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Ghost must have not had a thigh gap. 🤣 @iMago
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Ghost must have not had a thigh gap. 🤣 @iMago

I'll let her down gently if she reappears this time.
  • iMago
    kace_kay wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    last thanksgiving i was out camping.

it was a hike-in location and there wasn't anybody else set up around me at all.
    that night i ended up with all these coyotes running around outside my tent for a few hours. you could hear them breathing and panting they were so close. that was pretty freaky on its own.
    so i didn't sleep much basically; until they left around 1am I think.

i did finally go back to sleep but it was pretty restless. i tossed and turned a lot.

around 3am i woke up because there was some lady outside my tent laughing.
    she was standing, it sounded at least, right outside the back "window" of my tent (which i'd left zipped up), and she started talking to me.

her voice was really close, like she was leaning towards the window basically. she didn't say much other than she kept asking me to let her in and she was cold. but she kept laughing the whole time. it wasn't huge drunken laughter at all. it was really soft and giggly.

anyhow- i told her i couldn't let her in. told her to leave me alone.
    she asked me to let her in one more time. kept laughing for a minute. then she just stopped.

i vaguely remember that i did hear someone walking around but that was it.

and i actually fell back asleep after.

the next morning i started packing up and i could see one of the coyotes had marked the tree beside my tent, but otherwise there weren't any signs of anybody having been wandering around that i could see.

i hiked back to the parking area and my truck was the only one there. it was designated parking for the camping area i was in too.

im atheist, and don't believe in ghosts or anything like that really. but tbh i still don't really know what it was all about. if it was some drunk person wandering around then i don't know where they came from or where they went.

it could've been a random nightmare, but i'm usually pretty good at remembering those and knowing the difference.

Oh my lawd, that's terrifying. How did you not lose your *kitten*?

you'll be happy to know, that's the same place i'm going back to this sunday...though i don't think im gonna be at the same site.

Well if you hear that creepy voice again, open up your pitched tent and let Molly in already.

oh it's def not big enough
  • iMago
    last thanksgiving i was out camping.

it was a hike-in location and there wasn't anybody else set up around me at all.
    that night i ended up with all these coyotes running around outside my tent for a few hours. you could hear them breathing and panting they were so close. that was pretty freaky on its own.
    so i didn't sleep much basically; until they left around 1am I think.

i did finally go back to sleep but it was pretty restless. i tossed and turned a lot.

around 3am i woke up because there was some lady outside my tent laughing.
    she was standing, it sounded at least, right outside the back "window" of my tent (which i'd left zipped up), and she started talking to me.

her voice was really close, like she was leaning towards the window basically. she didn't say much other than she kept asking me to let her in and she was cold. but she kept laughing the whole time. it wasn't huge drunken laughter at all. it was really soft and giggly.

anyhow- i told her i couldn't let her in. told her to leave me alone.
    she asked me to let her in one more time. kept laughing for a minute. then she just stopped.

i vaguely remember that i did hear someone walking around but that was it.

and i actually fell back asleep after.

the next morning i started packing up and i could see one of the coyotes had marked the tree beside my tent, but otherwise there weren't any signs of anybody having been wandering around that i could see.

i hiked back to the parking area and my truck was the only one there. it was designated parking for the camping area i was in too.

im atheist, and don't believe in ghosts or anything like that really. but tbh i still don't really know what it was all about. if it was some drunk person wandering around then i don't know where they came from or where they went.

it could've been a random nightmare, but i'm usually pretty good at remembering those and knowing the difference.

Oh my lawd, that's terrifying. How did you not lose your *kitten*?

you'll be happy to know, that's the same place i'm going back to this sunday...though i don't think im gonna be at the same site.

Well if you hear that creepy voice again, open up your pitched tent and let Molly in already.

oh it's def not big enough

did u just call me fat omg no u did not

no im just self conscious about the size of my tent is all
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    If this is still for real I have a semi-cool story! But if it’s gone typical forum-crazy then no thanks. LMK.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    If this is still for real I have a semi-cool story! But if it’s gone typical forum-crazy then no thanks. LMK.

Tell us.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    Can there be animal ghosts? We had a dog growing up that died laying next to me when I was a teenager. After that, I started hearing his whimpering throughout the house. It was the exact sound he used to make when we'd go somewhere and he couldn't come along. I figured I was imagining it since he died so close to me. I didn't tell anyone about it. Then one day my mom and brother were talking about how they kept hearing him whimpering. It freaked me out. I didn't even tell them I heard it too because I didn't want to believe that maybe it could be real.
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    My family has had a lot of things happen to us.

My dad fell at work (iron worker) about 3 stories to the ground. He swears that he felt someone catch him on his way down. He hurt his knee but could have been worse.

My grandmother had eye surgery and the night before she dreamed of my grandfather who had passed away years before. He was standing in the kitchen with an empty eye socket (like he was giving her his eye). She also had knee surgery and the night before she dreamed of my grandfather and he was in a wheelchair missing his leg. Same leg she had surgery on.

My sister has always seen shadows/spirits (good and bad). She had many experiences with bad spirits in the house we grew up in. One time she woke up, felt like she was being held down in bed, and a picture fell off the wall and landed on her head.

In the same house when I was maybe 14 or 15 I was about to fall asleep and very clearly heard my neighbor call my name 3 times. There is no way I could have heard it if they were calling me from their house.

Fast forward several years. My wife, my 2 young children, and I move in with my parents in the house I grew up in. My sister told me no to mess with the spirits. One day I was up stairs sitting on my bed alone. I said out loud, "Don't you dare mess with my kids. You can mess with me all you want but don't mess with them." Every hair on my body then stood on end. I felt as if there were several pissed off people standing over me.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    I was running listening to one of my podcasts. It happened to be on spirits. At one point I felt several tugs on my ponytail. And I even thought in my head why would someone tug my ponytail...and then it stopped. I moved my head up and down wondering if it was just that sensation I felt and I could not duplicate the sensation of a very distinct tug. Weird right???
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Me and my ex bf saw a ghost once.

Do tell. I love ghost stories! Last I checked the ghost thread won't bump though
  • cee134
    cee134 wrote: »
    Me and my ex bf saw a ghost once.

Do tell. I love ghost stories! Last I checked the ghost thread won't bump though

Yeah I don't think I was around for this thread but the one before it wouldnt bump.

But yay for ghost stories!

According to my notes, your join date, and the last post of this thread, you ignored this thread.

You probably couldn't see it because you can't always see ghosts.
  • cee134
    I don't have any new ghost stories.
  • cee134
    Not exactly a ghost story [maybe] but

I was sitting on my couch, home alone, searching through Netflix for something to watch. It was dead silent because I take forever to decide on something.

Suddenly my Alexa says "I think you are one smart cookie". I checked the log and apparently she heard "Alexa, am I dumb?". I have insecure ghosts.

Maybe Alexa was being insure and thinking that and had to answer herself to feel better?
  • cee134
    cee134 wrote: »
    Not exactly a ghost story [maybe] but

I was sitting on my couch, home alone, searching through Netflix for something to watch. It was dead silent because I take forever to decide on something.

Suddenly my Alexa says "I think you are one smart cookie". I checked the log and apparently she heard "Alexa, am I dumb?". I have insecure ghosts.

Maybe Alexa was being insure and thinking that and had to answer herself to feel better?

Could be. She also added "How to want to murder" to my shopping list once so I think she's got some deep rooted issues.

She'll probably snap if you order another Alexa that isn't so murder-y.