Deodorant

Options
13»

Replies

• CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I think it’s a good measure overall to make sure what we’re putting on our skin is good for us. While I can’t say for certain it causes breast cancer I’d rather not risk. The deodorant I purchase is aluminum free, and better for my skin anyhow. Good to be safe rather than sorry.

This is how I feel about it too.

As for brands, I used Schmidt's natural deodorant last fall/winter and loved it. But when spring came, I found it wasn't controlling odor very well at all. So I went back to Almay antiperspirant for awhile. Then I discovered Kopari which is awesome, in my opinion. Hiking in 90 F heat and no issues. Yeah I sweat a little more than with the Almay but it doesn't smell bad. Lots of weird reviews about rashlike symptoms under arms but I've not had anything like that.

Were you able to get Schmidt's to go on smoothly? I would try to warm it up like they suggested but it always ended up crumbly.

I had the same issue with Schmidt’s. I use superstar now and it goes on smooth and lasts a long time.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I think it’s a good measure overall to make sure what we’re putting on our skin is good for us. While I can’t say for certain it causes breast cancer I’d rather not risk. The deodorant I purchase is aluminum free, and better for my skin anyhow. Good to be safe rather than sorry.

This is how I feel about it too.

As for brands, I used Schmidt's natural deodorant last fall/winter and loved it. But when spring came, I found it wasn't controlling odor very well at all. So I went back to Almay antiperspirant for awhile. Then I discovered Kopari which is awesome, in my opinion. Hiking in 90 F heat and no issues. Yeah I sweat a little more than with the Almay but it doesn't smell bad. Lots of weird reviews about rashlike symptoms under arms but I've not had anything like that.

Were you able to get Schmidt's to go on smoothly? I would try to warm it up like they suggested but it always ended up crumbly.

I had the same issue with Schmidt’s. I use superstar now and it goes on smooth and lasts a long time.

Routine Superstar deodorant cream? If that's it, it looks super interesting, has pretty good reviews on Amazon. Did you find it annoying rubbing it in with your hands? Does it wash off your hands well?
  • BachataDancer
    BachataDancer Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i've always heard if you're a guy you're not supposed to use anything with antiperspirant anyhow.
    as far as regular deodorant goes, i think the regular green Speed Stick is the best. it's what i figure Tom Selleck probably smelled like back in the day. the brown Musk scented one is good too for during winter i think

Still crushing on you