Ashamed

Re-re-re-restarting for what feels like the billionth time on this weightloss journey. But here I am ashamed and disappointed in myself looking for some friends to support and motivate me and vice versa.
So here goes -
I'm Ari.
5' 1 (ish)
SW 187.2 lbs
CW 185.4 lbs
Short term goal weight 150 lbs
Long term goal weight 125 lbs
September goal - lost 5lbs

Replies

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    No need to be ashamed. You know what your goal is and that's good
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    I have been there! But here u are fighting to get healthier! One day at a time
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    I have been disappointed, annoyed, irritated and even PO'd at myself over the various fitness false starts in my life. However, I cannot honestly say I have been ashamed! Maybe there was something deep within that told me that despite that there was something that would ultimately stick! I think that has been realized with my finally getting my mobility addressed thru hip replacements and rehab. Once through all that, I "ran with it" and haven't looked back!!
  • Amara411
    Amara411 Posts: 54 Member
    ljevans97 wrote: »
    Hey! Don’t feel ashamed, feel proud you ever decided to taking the step to achieve your goal. “Failure isn’t the opposite of success, it’s part of it.”

Trying my best to look at it positively and use those feelings as motivation
  • Amara411

Baby steps
  • Amara411
    I have been disappointed, annoyed, irritated and even PO'd at myself over the various fitness false starts in my life. However, I cannot honestly say I have been ashamed! Maybe there was something deep within that told me that despite that there was something that would ultimately stick! I think that has been realized with my finally getting my mobility addressed thru hip replacements and rehab. Once through all that, I "ran with it" and haven't looked back!!

That's major! Great job in getting through that and carrying on
  • Amara411
    s131951 wrote: »
    No need to be ashamed. You know what your goal is and that's good

Time to put in the work now
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Hey young lady. Please don’t be ashamed. You just need to take one day at a time. You can do this. I have had my ups and downs with this healthy journey. We all have those days. :)
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Amara411 wrote: »

That's major! Great job in getting through that and carrying on

Thank you!
  • Amara411
    Hey young lady. Please don’t be ashamed. You just need to take one day at a time. You can do this. I have had my ups and downs with this healthy journey. We all have those days. :)

Thanks for your kind words, it's really hard not to feel down about it but I'm willing to try my best at it
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Never, ever be ashamed of yourself unless you set out to intentionally harm someone else. That said, life is full of starts and stops. Remember it is not a sprint it's a marathon. Every start is a new beginning and each phase is a lesson.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Don't be ashamed. This is hard for all of us. I think you're great to keep trying. You just need to find what works for you. Weight management is an individual thing. Just keep trying different strategies e.g. a walk, lighter recipes for food you love, lower calorie takeout, a weightloss podcast etc. You sound as if you're inclined to be hard on yourself so check your weight loss plan to make sure it isn't impossibly strict or punishing. You need to find a way to eat well, forever.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Be kind to yourself.

The more we Love ourselves, the greater capacity we have to love others,
    The Kinder we are to ourselves, the greater capacity we have to be kind to others,
    The more Compassion we have for ourselves, the greater capacity we have to be compassionate to others,
    The more we Forgive ourselves, the greater capacity we have to forgive others, and
    The more Patience we have for ourselves, the greater amount of patience we will have for others.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Dont be ashamed be hopefully. Many of us started our weight loss / get healthy journey much later in life 😁
  • lindseyt71901
    lindseyt71901 Posts: 84 Member
    Hi, Ari! We're kind of twinkies with our stats and your posting situation...

I am re-re-re-starting again, 3 days in, and I started off (this time) at 189.4. I'm currently at 187 and I am 5'1"... Nowhere near 24, thank the moon and the stars!

Wanna be friends? I have one so far. I went to one of the message boards where people say, "Add me!". I've sent so many friend requests, have 1, and wonder what I am doing wrong. I hear that having friends really keeps the motivation flowing.

Either way, best of luck and never be ashamed of choosing "Day 1" again. Truth is, it's a testament to your strength, not your weakness. Day 1 is always the hardest stinking day, regardless of the situation. You'll do great.
  • Amara411
    suzstaats wrote: »
    Never, ever be ashamed of yourself unless you set out to intentionally harm someone else. That said, life is full of starts and stops. Remember it is not a sprint it's a marathon. Every start is a new beginning and each phase is a lesson.

Thank you so much for the inspiring words
  • Amara411
    sksk1026 wrote: »
    Don't be ashamed. This is hard for all of us. I think you're great to keep trying. You just need to find what works for you. Weight management is an individual thing. Just keep trying different strategies e.g. a walk, lighter recipes for food you love, lower calorie takeout, a weightloss podcast etc. You sound as if you're inclined to be hard on yourself so check your weight loss plan to make sure it isn't impossibly strict or punishing. You need to find a way to eat well, forever.

That's what I'm trying to do right now, still incorporate foods I love but healthier recipes or smaller quantities. Thanks a bunch for the great advice
  • Amara411
    Hi, Ari! We're kind of twinkies with our stats and your posting situation...

I am re-re-re-starting again, 3 days in, and I started off (this time) at 189.4. I'm currently at 187 and I am 5'1"... Nowhere near 24, thank the moon and the stars!

Wanna be friends? I have one so far. I went to one of the message boards where people say, "Add me!". I've sent so many friend requests, have 1, and wonder what I am doing wrong. I hear that having friends really keeps the motivation flowing.

Either way, best of luck and never be ashamed of choosing "Day 1" again. Truth is, it's a testament to your strength, not your weakness. Day 1 is always the hardest stinking day, regardless of the situation. You'll do great.

Hey I'd love to be your friend. Gonna go add you right away. It's great to have someone on this journey with similar stats. I cannot wait to support you through this journey
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Amara411 wrote: »

Baby steps

Exactly!
    Point is to understand what that actually means:
    - Small steps
    - Stumbling and falling is part of the learning-process (You can't run if you didn't learn to walk)
    - Fails are NOT the problem ... Giving up is.

Accept that failures are a good chance to learn something about yourself ... and if only how to avoid this specific fail for the next time ...

You can make it if you REALLY want to
    But go there one pound at a time ...
    no need to hurry, you didn't put the weight on within two weeks so do not expect it to go away fast.

I wish you all the best