Weight loss help

Options
I am currently 124 lbs having lost 8 lbs over the last 3 months. But my weight loss has stopped and the weight is slowly creeping back on despite changing nothing. I am eating around 1200 - 1300 calories a day. I wonder if my metabolism has reduced.
I would like to drop another 5 or 6 lbs.

I would be grateful for any advice - thanks

additional details:

Female 53yrs 5'4

Replies

• tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm not really equipped to tell if your metabolism has slowed down, thou 3 months would not usually be enough to cause an impact, thou it will in the long term.

Aside from dieting, what else have you been doing to support your weight loss?
    Muscles are definitely in the category of "If you don't use them, you'll lose them"
  • Jillford123
    Jillford123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have opened my diary - i think!
    I suspect you may be right in that the answer will lie in what I am eating!
    I don't go to the gym but tend to dog walk daily (20 minutes) and do 20 minutes of yoga each morning.
    I have tried on and off for the past few years to 'shift' those last few pounds - but always the same pattern - I drop to about 122 and then the weight slowly creeps back on. I don't take any medication and feel fit and healthy. I realise I am fortunate to be at the weight I am at - I would just like the clothes I have to feel more comfortable.
    Thanks for any advice.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    looking at your diary i can tell you right now your logging needs to be tightened up a lot.

get a food scale if you dont have one and measure EVERYTHING

with so little to lose, accurate and consistent logging is really really important
  • Jillford123
    Options
    Thank you for this advice - I will try to be more accurate and consistent.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight you are already in the normal range. First of all it's really hard to lose weight when you are that close to where you want to be. It can take a very long time. As others have said you may well be eating more than you think you are. Also can you really eat less and be happy? Sometimes we have an unrealistic idea of what we should weigh based on what we weighed in high school or some such milestone. Remember that the lower weight you are aiming for is going to require a lower amount of calories to maintain for life. Can you live with that? If so then get a scale and start weighing everything you eat to ensure your calories are low enough. Don't have that bite of dessert and don't grab those two potato chips because it all adds up. This has been my experience anyway. I started out at a very high weight (251 pounds) and hadn't been a normal weight since high school so I had no idea what I needed to shoot for. My original goal weight was 135 which is the lowest I had ever weighed as a teenager. I'm 63 now. I never made that goal. I made myself miserable trying. I finally settled on 145 - 150 as my goal range. I did get as low as 143 and I looked starved. Whatever you decide to do good luck and I already envy you at the weight you are at!
  • Jillford123
    Options
    Thank you for this advice - You have given me a lot to think about.
    well done cheryldumais on your weight loss journey -
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    You may also need to cycle in diet breaks:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

Your BMR does decline when you stay in a calorie deficit and taking a break should reset it back to normal.