The High Maintenance thread

Replies

• This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Also only the best toilette paper and really I’m not all that pleased with it.

i want a bidet. Sorry, I don’t get many opportunities to work that into a conversation
    You really have wanted that for a long time.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    This_far wrote: »

i want a bidet. Sorry, I don’t get many opportunities to work that into a conversation

i have! I have to stop waiting for prince charming to ride up on his porcelain steed and save me from unsatisfactory cleanliness. I will be the hero of my own bathroom.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited September 2019

i have! I have to stop waiting for prince charming to ride up on his porcelain steed and save me from unsatisfactory cleanliness. I will be the hero of my own bathroom.

You can get them on Amazon. They're apparently pretty easy to hook up. My friend got one and said it's awesome but I figure it's only like 30 more steps to get to the kitchen so why do we need a water fountain in the bathroom?

ETA:Had to make it into a hilarious joke that nobody has heard before in some incarnation
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

You can get them on Amazon. They're apparently pretty easy to hook up. My friend got one and said it's awesome but I figure it's only like 30 more steps to get to the kitchen so why do we need a water fountain in the bathroom?

ETA:Had to make it into a hilarious joke that nobody has heard before in some incarnation

😂🤦‍♀️
    yes, but those are cold water attachments. I want a full fledged separate butt sink with hot and cold running water.

A peri bottle works. Women who have given birth and the men who paid attention know what that is.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

😂🤦‍♀️
    yes, but those are cold water attachments. I want a full fledged separate butt sink with hot and cold running water.

A peri bottle works. Women who have given birth and the men who paid attention know what that is.

Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg way to call out the guys on that one!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Table manners are so important and I simply cannot abide clutter.

If you talk with your mouth full and don't tidy away your things when you come in then you may as well just head right back out the door from whence you came.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    White towels please...if I have to use a coloured one, I'm counting down 'till I can shower again, and use a white towel.

YES YES!! Clean white towels only.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I am high maintenance when it comes to toilet paper. I will bring my own (I keep the wet wipe TP in my purse) because I hate using certain kinds or really cheap stuff.
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    I'm high maintenance with cleanliness. I'm a neat freak and I have no shame to admit it. Watching my kids eat and seeing crumbs fall everywhere irritates me. I don't like anyone touching the mirrors, I can't stand dirty floors, dishes, leaving coats on chairs or clothes on the floor. Maybe I'm a little OCD but my kids have gotten pretty good at picking up after themselves.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited September 2019
    I am high maintenance when it comes to toilet paper. I will bring my own (I keep the wet wipe TP in my purse) because I hate using certain kinds or really cheap stuff.

Since this is apparently my area of concern

Those flushable wipes should not be flushed.

My septic system is as high maintenance as I am. I have signs in both bathrooms warning guests they will have their toity privileges revoked for flushing bad things. 😂
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    my pickup. its an 05, but its only got 92,000 miles on it. sure seems like everything is failing or falling apart and needing to be replaced all at once lately.
    had to replace the distributor, the cap, the rotor, the cam sensor; the plugs and wires again, the heat shield for one of the plugs on the passenger side was snapped off; new crankshaft sensor and then another NEW crankshaft sensor; ignition coil, ignition control module and used up the last of my arctic silver for thermal paste on it; PCV hose was dry rotted out; new throttle position sensor; mass air flow sensor was clogged; replaced the clutch, the clutch master/slave cylinders, new transmission fluid too; need to replace the dash circuit board because the old one fried somehow and now i ain't got dash lights for when i'm driving at night anymore, got to swap out the shocks soon, new catalytic converters, maybe a new muffler too, at some point i need to re-do the headliner because the fabrics starting to sag in a few spots and it looks trashy. and im thinkin hard on adding a cold air intake system down the road just for fun. idk all this stuff adds up big time.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member

Since this apparently my area of concern

My septic system is as high maintenance as I am. I have signs in both bathrooms warning guests they will have their toity privileges revoked for flushing bad things. 😂

Oh dear.

Do you think even just one would cause issues? I'm thinking since I am just a visitor wherever I am I would be the only one using them and so the only one flushing them and hope just one or two would not cause any damage.
  • Reckoner68
    iMago wrote: »
    my pickup. its an 05, but its only got 92,000 miles on it. sure seems like everything is failing or falling apart and needing to be replaced all at once lately.
    had to replace the distributor, the cap, the rotor, the cam sensor; the plugs and wires again, the heat shield for one of the plugs on the passenger side was snapped off; new crankshaft sensor and then another NEW crankshaft sensor; ignition coil, ignition control module and used up the last of my arctic silver for thermal paste on it; PCV hose was dry rotted out; new throttle position sensor; mass air flow sensor was clogged; replaced the clutch, the clutch master/slave cylinders, new transmission fluid too; need to replace the dash circuit board because the old one fried somehow and now i ain't got dash lights for when i'm driving at night anymore, got to swap out the shocks soon, new catalytic converters, maybe a new muffler too, at some point i need to re-do the headliner because the fabrics starting to sag in a few spots and it looks trashy. and im thinkin hard on adding a cold air intake system down the road just for fun. idk all this stuff adds up big time.

That is a lot of maintenance
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Hear me out! Everyone has SOMETHING they’re high maintenance about. You can be the most laidback mofo in the history of ever but something gets you in a twist. What’s your thing?

I'm starting to think this thread isn't about the show.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Very high maintenance about recycling. Most of our recyclables end up in the landfill because people don’t understand how to properly recycle. So I take I take on that job and no one is to touch it, then I know it’s being done right.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member

They are wonderful!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited September 2019

Since this apparently my area of concern

Oh dear.

Do you think even just one would cause issues? I'm thinking since I am just a visitor wherever I am I would be the only one using them and so the only one flushing them and hope just one or two would not cause any damage.

in my house it probably would be because we have issues. in other places it’s an issue over time.

Here is one article that popped up on a quick google search. There are others. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.today.com/today/amp/tdna151945

Peri bottles really do work though
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    Very high maintenance about recycling. Most of our recyclables end up in the landfill because people don’t understand how to properly recycle. So I take I take on that job and no one is to touch it, then I know it’s being done right.

❤ I wish more people recycled
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    When I go to a restaurant... I'm not going to sit there, or there, or there.

Yeah, I want to sit there... facing that way.

I don't want to sit near a restroom, or looking into the kitchen, or by a toddler or by a drunk college kid.

first world problem, amiright?

Dis me.

So we are gonna have to those weirdos that sit on the same side of the table/booth with no one sitting on the other side.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    When I go to a restaurant... I'm not going to sit there, or there, or there.

Yeah, I want to sit there... facing that way.

I don't want to sit near a restroom, or looking into the kitchen, or by a toddler or by a drunk college kid.

first world problem, amiright?

Dis me.

So we are gonna have to those weirdos that sit on the same side of the table/booth with no one sitting on the other side.

I always sit with my back to the wall facing the door, Prison Style. At least that's what the movies tell me.