The High Maintenance thread

Options

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    When I go to a restaurant... I'm not going to sit there, or there, or there.

Yeah, I want to sit there... facing that way.

I don't want to sit near a restroom, or looking into the kitchen, or by a toddler or by a drunk college kid.

first world problem, amiright?

Dis me.

So we are gonna have to those weirdos that sit on the same side of the table/booth with no one sitting on the other side.

I always sit with my back to the wall facing the door, Prison Style. At least that's what the movies tell me.

Sicilian style
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

I don't want to sit near a restroom, or looking into the kitchen, or by a toddler or by a drunk college kid.

Dis me.

So we are gonna have to those weirdos that sit on the same side of the table/booth with no one sitting on the other side.

I always sit with my back to the wall facing the door, Prison Style. At least that's what the movies tell me.

Sicilian style

Sicilians sit prison style?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I have 4 strings on my desk at home and if one of my pets or my butler moves them I loose my *kitten* mind.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited September 2019
    Options

Dis me.

Sicilian style

Sicilians sit prison style?

I’ve been told my preference to sit with my back to the wall, facing the door is due to my cultural heritage. It’s a bad joke but I’m allowed to make it. 😁
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i am never high maintenance like superrr laid back all the time almost like halfway dead almost like apathy

It's False. No Way. Not This Time. We Created It. Not This Time. No. Not This Time. It's Totally Made Up. Pure Fiction. It's Fiction. It's Fiction. We Made It Up. We Made This One Up. It's A Made Up Tale. It's A Total Fabrication. It Never Happened. It Never Happened. This One Was Invented By A Writer. Not This Time. It Never Happened. It's False. It Never Happened. It's A Fake. It's Fiction. It's An Urban Legend That Never Happened. No Way. We Got You. Not A Chance. Not This Time. It Never Happened. It Never Happened. We Made This One Up. It's Fiction. We Made Up This One. We Made It Up. Not This Time. Wrong. Not This Time. Not This Time. You're Wrong. Not This Time, It Never Happened.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Not to be a buzz kill on the recycling, but unfortunately our recycling centers are becoming just as over crowded as our landfills with no where for any of it to go. We've been selling our recycled items to other countries, China bought a lot, but now they are refusing to buy it because they don't have anywhere to put it either.

The 60 minutes episode I watched on this made all my recycling efforts feel utterly useless, but it really kicked my tush into gear understanding the key is to just use less of the stuff that's polluting the earth, not limited to plastic.

It's also key to get manufacturers to start opting to use recycled material for their packaging, but again - less use of it all in general seems to be the best medicine. Still a lot of research and reading left to do, but just wanted to share.

I don’t disagree with you. I know that a lot of it gets shipped off and I 100% agree about the packaging. However I can’t control those situations, unfortunately. What I can control is to make sure our home is recycling the correct way. I can control how much I consume. And I can control who I give my money to. And so that’s what I do, because that’s what in my control right now. And I believe something is always better than nothing.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am high maintenance when it comes to toilet paper. I will bring my own (I keep the wet wipe TP in my purse) because I hate using certain kinds or really cheap stuff.

Since this is apparently my area of concern

Those flushable wipes should not be flushed.

My septic system is as high maintenance as I am. I have signs in both bathrooms warning guests they will have their toity privileges revoked for flushing bad things. 😂

Aren't those wipes a contributor to all the ' fatburgs' plaguing London and the UK. Wipes and grease from from chip vans. Fish and chips with malt vinegar wrapped in newspaper. Yum . Fried mars bars, batterburgers, no dentists. Raining. Brexit. Sounds like a blast.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I’m laid back in some areas I guess, but mostly I’m a little high strung... When people leave their grooming stuff all over the bathroom counters I have a hard time. I recently got new counters, and I don’t want to cover up any more of them than absolutely necessary. And even though everything has wiped up easily so far, the idea of a shaving cream can potentially making rust rings on my stone is a legit fear of mine.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    I need space when in a line or in a room with other people.... if i can hear you breathe or smell the tuna on your breath that you had for lunch, there is a good chance ill be asking you to back off.....please of course ;)
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I need space when in a line or in a room with other people.... if i can hear you breathe or smell the tuna on your breath that you had for lunch, there is a good chance ill be asking you to back off.....please of course ;)

I agree. Invading my personal space is not cool.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Very high maintenance about recycling. Most of our recyclables end up in the landfill because people don’t understand how to properly recycle. So I take I take on that job and no one is to touch it, then I know it’s being done right.

We're super picky about this in my household and workplace. Like over the top. I get it!

I'm high maintenance about my morning bath. I have to have at least 40 minutes to get ready and most of that is soaking in hot water. Yes, every day. Yes, even when traveling.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    This_far wrote: »
    I am high maintenance when it comes to toilet paper. I will bring my own (I keep the wet wipe TP in my purse) because I hate using certain kinds or really cheap stuff.

My septic system is as high maintenance as I am. I have signs in both bathrooms warning guests they will have their toity privileges revoked for flushing bad things. 😂

Aren't those wipes a contributor to all the ' fatburgs' plaguing London and the UK. Wipes and grease from from chip vans. Fish and chips with malt vinegar wrapped in newspaper. Yum . Fried mars bars, batterburgers, no dentists. Raining. Brexit. Sounds like a blast.

rude. i shouldn’t be laughing 🤣
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This_far wrote: »

rude. i shouldn’t be laughing 🤣

Here to help.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Very high maintenance about recycling. Most of our recyclables end up in the landfill because people don’t understand how to properly recycle. So I take I take on that job and no one is to touch it, then I know it’s being done right.

We're super picky about this in my household and workplace. Like over the top. I get it!

I'm high maintenance about my morning bath. I have to have at least 40 minutes to get ready and most of that is soaking in hot water. Yes, every day. Yes, even when traveling.

This actually sounds wonderful.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    The Gym... I'm just a lil' psycho there.

Rack Your Weights
    Wipe Down Your Gear
    Ask to Work-In instead of staring at me.
    Get the *&^$@ Off Of Your Phone... the coffee shop is across the street
    Act Like You've Been Here Before
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    The Gym... I'm just a lil' psycho there.

Rack Your Weights
    Wipe Down Your Gear
    Ask to Work-In instead of staring at me.
    Get the *&^$@ Off Of Your Phone... the coffee shop is across the street
    Act Like You've Been Here Before

Exactly
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    And I guess Im high maintenance that I let someone open a door for me or pay for the date they invited me on.