University/College

Options
124»

Replies

• JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? :smile:

I move into my new flat, just beside the campus, on Sept 1st. It's so great - it's literally a 2 minute walk from everything. Last year I was so far away. Plus, I have a big double bed to myself :happy: And I don't have to deal with the awkwardness of sharing a kitchen with people I don't like!

Classes don't start until the 26th, with enrollment and various start of the year things the week up to it. I really can't wait. I need structure back in my life again. I find it alot easier to lose weight during the school year, because my sleeping is alot more normal and I have things to do - homework, class etc. I'm less likely to get bored and eat. From Feb this year to the start of May, I lost about 13 pounds. The stress of exams and then the nothingness of vacation made it all go back on, and then some! So I really cant wait to buckle down and get back into the swing of things.

Oh, I am going into my second year of a Mathematics Bachelors degree. It's hard work for sure!
  • heyhaleylee
    heyhaleylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd love this!
  • kaseyb21
    kaseyb21 Posts: 24
    Options
    JD, I am so with you on needing structure back in my life. I'm a graduate student, so I work on campus too. I've lost 13 lbs this summer so far, but I feel like I definitely eat more due to the boredom of not having a set schedule.
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Starts on August 29th, for me.

I think I'll have to move my work out to the morning. -_-
  • islander3
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am 22 years old and looking for some support losing weight and would love to be a member of this group. I can also be a team captain if there is a need.
  • musicalshadow00
    musicalshadow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you need another captain I can volunteer. Just let me know. I've also never done anything like this before so I'm not 100% sure what being a captain would entail but I can maintain a spread sheet :)
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Ok! So I think we have 5 volunteers for team caps now? Good work! I'm going to add you all as friends and send a message to confirm. Then we'll get down to business with making teams!

Let's go! :)
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Okay! I added those who volunteered as team captains, so if you volunteered and I didn't send you a friend request, we're either A) already friends or B) I accidentally missed someone... let me know if it is B) and I apologize in advance! I'll send out a message tomorrow or Sunday and we can figure out how to make the teams!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Okay everyone! Sorry for the inactivity for the last week, just trying to get things straightened out with team captains in between being super busy with getting my stuff ready to move into my new apartment!! And being sick on top of that...yuck... anyways, instructions for the start of the challenge, finally!

We're going to organize ourselves by the letter of the alphabet that your school starts with. Each team captain will have a set of letters (see following list). Send a friend request to the one who has your letter (but make sure you tell them that you're part of the University/College challenge, because some of them only accept friend requests with messages!)

Team Captains:

andforpoise (me): A-F
    islander3: G-K
    andreacord: L-P
    LittleMissAlx: Q-V
    musicalshadow00: V-Z

I will use myself as an example. I go to Dalhousie University, so I would go with "D" which is the first time (which also happens to be the team I'm captain of, but for this example let's pretend it's not).

Also! If you school starts with "University of" or "College of" go with what comes after the "of." For example, if you went to the University of Toronto, you would friend request LittleMissAlx (T falls within the L-P range). University of Victoria, you would friend request musicalshadow00. And so on and so fourth.

I think the first challenge will be to find your respective team captain! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here or send me a message!

After we get things up off the ground, I think there will be a weekly challenge as well as the weekly "check in." Let's aim for this Friday (September 2nd!) Good for everyone? Teams should be up and running by then and we can do our first weigh in!
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    K .. totally only gotten one add so far!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Better than what I got! Big fat 0 lol
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Lol, 0 for me as well.

Andforpoise, I'm in yours uni wise, but guess as captain I stick with my group? We're friends anyway.
  • musicalshadow00
    musicalshadow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    0 here too... is there anything we can do?
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Um.. Short of directly messaging everyone to remind then this exists... Not sure. We don't know who to add as most people didn't mention their uni. Or we can just keep trying to bump this thread so is noticed.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Ok Have emailed Islander3 as I'm a University of Glamorgan Fresher in less than 3 weeks now. :) I'm very mature lol at 39.
    My loss for this month has been 4lb - My CW today is 179
    My goal loss for Sept is 1.5 a week to keep me on track for my xmas goal of 154

I'm hoping I'll be better at Uni as I generally use meal replacement bars to beat the cafe / canteen temptations! :P
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    Count me in too!! Last semester I fell into the "too busy to eat healthy/exercise" trap and ended up gaining 7 pounds in 6 months, yikes. It's my senior year now; I start school on September 7th. I'd really like to lose all the chub I've gained over the past few years and graduate with a super awesome body. Let's do this!
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I go back the 17th September and find I am lazy when I get there.
    At the moment I ride 6+ times a week - about 3 horses and pole dance twice a week. I know when I get up there I won't be able to ride as much anways :/
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Lol, 0 for me as well.

Andforpoise, I'm in yours uni wise, but guess as captain I stick with my group? We're friends anyway.

Yep, stick with your group as captain. Sorry guys, I've been out for a couple days! Moved on Wed, had job training and festivities for that on Thurs and then lost my keys to my new place Fri and had to stay at a friend's! I'm game for getting this started before next week as school will start mid week for me... would like to have stuff straightened out before then!! But, is anyone still interested I'm wondering? If it's just us captains and a few others, we might as well just have one team together...that is if people don't start responding!!