Lose 5lbs+ in September 2019

Options

Replies

• rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1st -173
    7th- 171.4 - saw 170 earlier this week. Got to keep these family & friends gatherings in check. All the lovely salty meals are messing me up.
    14th - 171.6
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    Gardening is definitely lots of squats, lunges, pulling, pushing, carrying, digging. And it is outside : - )
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello one and all.

Yesterday was a good day filled with some meal planning and prep and getting in some much needed me time. A little disappointed in the uptake on the scale. I know this is due to my awful Friday - bad days show up on the scale in 2 days. One would think the next day - not for me. :) It's all good - it was only one bad day and I am looking forward to the positive changes as I continue on this path of a healthier lifestyle. My head is in the right place too.

The good - I am down 9 pounds since 08/24 and have lost a total of 2.5 inches overall (neck, waist, hips). I have added thighs to my measurements - I had forgotten all about them when I took my initial measurements. I will also add arms and chest too. I will get that done today.

Stats
    08/24 - Starting Weight - 195.0
    09'19 Goal - 184.0
    09/01 - 189.0
    09/08 - 186.2
    09/15 - 186.0 - Two weeks to go - here's to getting those two pounds off for good!!

It's off to the races for me. Lots to do on the to-do list. I hope everyone has a great body and soul day!
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Greetings.

Late start this morning. I was up at 1, 2, 3:30 and boom right before the alarm clock. I am usually up an hour before the thing starts buzzing. No time for my morning routine so will have to fit in mini walks during work (I do not take a lunch - way too busy - so I break up the day with breaks in between the chaos). :)

Stats
    09'19 Goal - 184.0
    09/01 - 189.0
    09/08 - 186.2
    09/15 - 186.0 - Two weeks to go - here's to getting those two pounds off for good!!
    09/16 - 185.0 - Yeah! Hit my goal when I first started MFP (10 pounds by the end of September).

I hope everyone has a good day.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Good going @suzstaats
    Yes, sometimes it is easier to get in a bunch of short activities instead of finding the time for one long one.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Good going @suzstaats
    Yes, sometimes it is easier to get in a bunch of short activities instead of finding the time for one long one.

Thanks for the positive reaction. Have gotten 20 minutes in so far and 5 flights of stairs. Hope you're having a good day.
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    September SW: 239 lbs
    September GW: 234 lbs
    Ultimate GW: 215 lbs

Sept 9: 239 lbs
    Sept 16: 238 lbs
    Sept 23:
    Sept 30:
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Hi!

I am back to my usual wake up an hour before the alarm. :) Got in a brisk 30-minute walk in this morning. It is so much nicer to walk in the morning in sunny SoFlo. Temperatures are going to be in the 90s again. Right now it's a cool 79 - don't laugh that is cool here!

Stats
    09'19 Goal - 184.0
    09/01 - 189.0
    09/08 - 186.2
    09/16 - 185.0 - Yeah! Hit my goal when I first started MFP (10 pounds by the end of September).
    09/17 - 184.6

I now fit in to two additional pairs of pants. Afraid to try on the smaller bras - I think I will need another week or two for that task. I am wearing a pair of pants for the last time today - I think after today I will look like a clown in them. Then, off to the dry cleaners and a donation to Women in Distress. What do you do with your over-sized clothes? WW tip - get rid of them! If in your closet you can put them back on again. The smaller clothes will tell you you are off track when they get snug. I know in the past it was one way I kept on track. That and writing down everything I ate. Third time is a charm (my mantra for now).

I hope everyone has a great day!
    <3
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Question posters. :smiley:

What do you do when you have not hit the minimum 1,200 calories and are just not hungry? I am not talking every day, but am finding once a week or so I really am not hungry and have maybe 200-300 calories left.

I have been just eating something healthy to get to the minimum, but then I say to myself, why eat when I am not hungry. :)

I am not anorexic or bulimic (love food too much and cannot stomach emptying stomach just to eat more). Just want to see if anyone has this issue and if you are just eating something to get the minimum or go with what the body seems to need.
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @SuziQ113

I’m trying to only eat when I’m genuinely hungry as opposed to just craving something, bored, etc. I have had the odd day where I wasn’t very hungry and didn’t meet the minimum 1200. I don’t force myself to eat more just to meet it. However I tend to eat a calorie range through the week, some days low, some high, which usually averages out to around 1500 calories per day.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Hello everyone

Up a little earlier today and will get out and get my minimum 30 minutes in this morning. Today is going to be a challenge as I am attending 3 2-hour conference calls. TG I can work remote and will have to march in place during some of the calls. I am fidgety and 2 hours of constant sitting will drive me crazy. On another note here - I was to fly to NH to attend these meetings and was happy my VP was OK with me dialing in. If I had to sit through these meetings......

Stats
    09'19 Goal - 184.0
    09/01 - 189.0
    09/08 - 186.2
    09/17 - 184.6
    09/19 - 184.2

I am really happy to see the body is still positively reacting to the life changes being made. I am finding I am not as tired and do not feel like a slug. I have had a few days where I had to push myself to get moving, but found tricking myself is working (like stepping in place while I fold the laundry and taking one type of item upstairs and putting it away at a time).

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. B)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Question posters. :smiley:

What do you do when you have not hit the minimum 1,200 calories and are just not hungry? I am not talking every day, but am finding once a week or so I really am not hungry and have maybe 200-300 calories left.

I have been just eating something healthy to get to the minimum, but then I say to myself, why eat when I am not hungry. :)

I am not anorexic or bulimic (love food too much and cannot stomach emptying stomach just to eat more). Just want to see if anyone has this issue and if you are just eating something to get the minimum or go with what the body seems to need.

I think that it averages out over the week. I agree, I don't want to eat just for the sake of topping up calories.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy
    Thank you for the feedback. Yes, it probably does average over the week. And then I think how many times have I estimated that tablespoon/cup, etc.. Hope you have a great day!
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Good day everyone.

Can I tell everyone how much I hate dark chocolate hummus?! :) Bought some as a healthy alternative for a chocolate craving. It sat in the fridge for 5 days. Tasted some the night before (two servings - 4 tablespoons) and was like OMG this is delicious (I bought Boar's Head brand - it was on sale). Last night I demolished it - yes, that's right! So I was worried about one day of low calories and I smashed through all of them yesterday and quite a few more. LOL! I am not beating myself over it. The stuff is really good and I will buy again. I will just have to use more self-control!

Stats
    09'19 Goal - 184.0
    09/01 - 189.0
    09/08 - 186.2
    09/17 - 184.6
    09/19 - 184.2
    09/20 - 183.4 - I am so looking forward to getting back in to the 170 range again in October. It has been 2 yrs!

The calls were OK yesterday. Just too many long meetings in one day. Glad it's over (until next time). Oh, the weather is lovely. We will hit the mid-80's today. Almost feels like fall!

Hope you have an excellent day!
  • Lenamarshae
    Lenamarshae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I’m in for the challenge:

Sep SW: 154
    September goal weight: 149
    Ultimate goal weight: 140

Sep 1: 154
    Sep 9: 155
    Sep 16:
    Sep 23:
    Sep 30:

Good Luck Everyone! Let’s do it!

Sep 9: 155 :(

Not sure why I gained, I haven’t logged as diligently as I usually do. So, will really step up in that area this week.

I honestly love working out, so I’m guessing it’s the food.

I’d be appreciative of any tips! Thank you!

Sep 18: 155 :( AGAIN!

I usually lose weight when I put my mind to it, not sure why the scale isn’t moving? Eating less and I’ve added an extra day of intense working out to my normal 3-4 days per week. Not sure what else to do. Hoping next week will be better!

At least I didn’t GAIN ;) *knock on wood*

Good Luck Everyone!!! Hope your journey is going well!
  • mdublynn1
    mdublynn1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 292 (Feb 2019)
    September starting weight - 235
    September goal - 215
    Ultimate goal - 197

9/18 - 230
    9/19 - 227
  • jenn990205
    jenn990205 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I will be here again, but I think I am taking a diet break for the next couple of weeks. I didn't really get anywhere in August because to be honest I lost my motivation. I have been on this journey for over a year now and have lost just over 35 pounds, but I am tired. Last month was a really rough month with some family issues that needed to be taken care of and now my birthday is coming up in a couple of days. So I am eating at maintenance until the 15th and will get back to my losing routine and finally get rid of these last couple of pounds. My ultimate goal is 135-138. I have been hovering between 142-145 the last month, so I am super close, but exhausted at the same time.

Original starting weight - 178
    September starting weight - 8/30 weigh in 143.6
    September goal - 141
    Ultimate goal - 135-138

1st - 143.6 on 8/30 before I left for FIL funeral in Texas

5th- 145.1 still working on restaurant and water weight from 4 days in Texas

12th - 145.6 I am officially 40 year old! Where has the time gone, lol. I have been able to maintain and live normally for about 5 weeks now. Even with all the stress of my FIL passing and all the craziness of my kids getting back into their new school years I have been able to do it. I have 2 in college (different schools), a senior in high-school, an 8th grader, and a 5th grader, lol, so when I say it's been crazy I mean it. I am really looking forward to getting under 140 and reaching my goal, so the diet break is over. Back at it today! Let's see what I can do the last half of the month.

19th - 143.7 I have been back on my plan for about a week. Stalled for a couple of days with TOM, but dropped back down to my pre-break weight today. Hopefully I can lose at least a pound by next week and start making some progress.

26th -
    30th -
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    TGIF! I have been looking forward to this day all week long. Work has been crazy. Too many long meetings which does not leave much time for actual work. I am remote today so I will be able to catch up and get all of those pesky items off of the to-do list.

So my scale seems to be on the fritz. It's very old (at least 15 years - probably more like 20) and made mostly out of plastic. Most days I have to weigh myself 3-4 times before a realistic weight appears. Yesterday I actually stopped at the local grocery store to re-weigh. And, then found my scale was off by quite a bit. So my 30-day reward is going out and purchasing a new scale!

Stats
    09'19 Goal - 184.0
    09/01 - 189.0
    09/08 - 186.2
    09/17 - 184.6
    09/19 - 184.2
    09/20 - 183.4 - I am so looking forward to getting back in to the 170 range again in October. It has been 2 yrs!
    09/20 - 184.6 - Corrected weight
    09/21 - 184.0 - Yeah! Hit September's goal.

Since I am in the market for a new scale - what is your favorite? My current one is a HealthOMeter. Yes, it has given me a lot of good years - just getting tired of not getting an accurate weight - poor thing is asking for retirement. LOL!

I hope everyone has a great day and is able to meet or exceed their goals for the day. :smiley: