Kale-who knew there is fat in that harmless green?

Options
Hello, My name is Candace. I am starting MFPal again. Hopefully, I can keep tracking. My sis is encouraging some of our family to try Whole30, and I started but have had small amount of sugar each day, so my 30 days starts over. But, at lease I am not wolfing down lots of sugary snacks every day. So, I call that a win in my book.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    good to know, cause I hate that *kitten*!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    calories are king- thats what its all about.

and kale is gross.
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    1Mereader wrote: »
    Hello, My name is Candace. I am starting MFPal again. Hopefully, I can keep tracking. My sis is encouraging some of our family to try Whole30, and I started but have had small amount of sugar each day, so my 30 days starts over. But, at lease I am not wolfing down lots of sugary snacks every day. So, I call that a win in my book.

Moderation instead of excess is a win :smiley: Welcome back. I started logging again recently too. Good luck with your goals!!
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have done Whole30 - it’s definitely not designed for a weight loss result, but many do lose weight by default. I have quite a bit of auto immune stuff going on, and have been dealing with it since I got sick with a mystery illness in 8th grade, so it was really good for me to hit the “reset” button on my body while also eliminating the cravings cycle (sugar is a monster!!). Through it I was able to drastically reduce the swelling throughout my body and joints while also clearing decades-long brain fog. It.was.amazing!! But oh so hard to keep up with on a long term basis. Through it I was able to discover my triggers, and with that knowledge I can make the daily decisions on what to eat (or not), and the subsequent effects it will have on me in time.

Kale is most edible in sausage and kale soup! YUM!