Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Useless Fact of the Day

Replies

• Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,239Member Member Posts: 1,239Member Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    theresa120 wrote: »
    The little plastic things on the ends of drawstrings or shoelaces are called “Aglets”

Did you know there's more than one way to lace a shoe depending on what you are doing?

I use straight bar lacing. It’s good for people who have wide feet and often have their shoes feeling too tight. The wide width shoes feel too big but regular feel tight. This lacing was a game changer for me.

m2iryqb451rb.jpeg
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,722Member Member Posts: 33,722Member Member
    People like to joke about digging a hole to another country, but England and France actually did it.
    The little plastic things on the ends of drawstrings or shoelaces are called “Aglets”

Did you know there's more than one way to lace a shoe depending on what you are doing?

I once laced my new shoes upside down (with the bow at the toes) in HS, on accident because I'm an idiot, and my friends thought it was cool and "trendy"

Do you know you don't have to take out your laces every time you untie your shoes? I mean, you can if you want.

xc1jxgiqvwid.gif

I once laced my new shoes upside down (with the bow at the toes) in HS, on accident because I'm an idiot, and my friends thought it was cool and "trendy"

Do you know you don't have to take out your laces every time you untie your shoes? I mean, you can if you want.

xc1jxgiqvwid.gif

NEW shoes, Cee, NEW. Unlaced.

Why did you unlace your new shoes? This is why I only wear flip flops.

xc1jxgiqvwid.gif

I'm gonna beat you with a flip flop

Which part the flip or the flop?

xc1jxgiqvwid.gif

I'm gonna beat you with a flip flop

Which part the flip or the flop?

First one, then the other

dis you trying to figure out how to use a flip flop to beat me with

jjeqbmzqgrss.gif
  • TheMrWobblyTheMrWobbly Posts: 1,248Member Member Posts: 1,248Member Member
    Jim Heselden, the owner of the Segway company, died when his Segway went of a cliff.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Posts: 222,136Member, Premium Member Posts: 222,136Member, Premium Member
    Jim Heselden, the owner of the Segway company, died when his Segway went of a cliff.

I was surprised that this was actually true..
  • Italiana_xx79Italiana_xx79 Posts: 526Member Member Posts: 526Member Member
    Odd numbers all contain the letter "e".
  • theresa120theresa120 Posts: 12,224Member Member Posts: 12,224Member Member
    Odd numbers all contain the letter "e".

tpfn50096t5h.gif

• jruch23jruch23 Posts: 854Member Member Posts: 854Member Member
    Mountain Dew has orange juice in it
    Friday is going to be interesting one way or another.
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Posts: 1,308Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,308Member, Premium Member
    Poinsettia flowers are a familiar sight in American holidays, but they're native to Mexico. In the wild, the plants can grow up to two feet tall.
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1CArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 549Member, Premium Member Posts: 549Member, Premium Member
    An M1A1 tank can go over 70 mph with the speed governor off, on level ground, burning jet fuel
    Nintendo created a video game based on the Popeye comic strip, but could not acquire licensing rights for the characters. Rather than scrap the work that was done, it released with a new cast - a plumber, his girlfriend, and a gorilla - and was renamed "Donkey Kong" after the game's antagonist.
  • theresa120theresa120 Posts: 12,224Member Member Posts: 12,224Member Member
    Nintendo created a video game based on the Popeye comic strip, but could not acquire licensing rights for the characters. Rather than scrap the work that was done, it released with a new cast - a plumber, his girlfriend, and a gorilla - and was renamed "Donkey Kong" after the game's antagonist.

Neat! 🤓