Ashamed

2»

Replies

• ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 72 Member
    Shame is pointless and destructive. Be proud of yourself that you haven’t given up! Take all that you’ve learned from your past experience and apply it to this journey. Believe that you can do this!!

And maybe be a little excited for the success to come! I’m excited for you!
  • Amara411 wrote: »
    Re-re-re-restarting for what feels like the billionth time on this weightloss journey. But here I am ashamed and disappointed in myself looking for some friends to support and motivate me and vice versa.
    So here goes -
    I'm Ari.
    5' 1 (ish)
    SW 187.2 lbs
    CW 185.4 lbs
    Short term goal weight 150 lbs
    Long term goal weight 125 lbs
    September goal - lost 5lbs

Please don't be. It is not a moral failure.

Something that helped me was looking at things from a positive angle.

For example, I don't run because I want to lose weight, I run because I like it, I'm outside, it's pretty, feel better after etc.
    If I also happen to lose weight that is a bonus.

There is always a different perspective, although sometimes you have to look hard for it.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    The amazing thing about the goal to lose weight, is that it is absolutely achievable because it is totally under your control. It isn't something that happened to you or is a mystery. Weight gain is something we all did to ourselves and we can undo it just as easily.
  • Amara411
    Amara411 Posts: 54 Member
    Amara411 wrote: »
    I have been there! But here u are fighting to get healthier! One day at a time

Baby steps

Exactly!
    Point is to understand what that actually means:
    - Small steps
    - Stumbling and falling is part of the learning-process (You can't run if you didn't learn to walk)
    - Fails are NOT the problem ... Giving up is.

Accept that failures are a good chance to learn something about yourself ... and if only how to avoid this specific fail for the next time ...

You can make it if you REALLY want to
    But go there one pound at a time ...
    no need to hurry, you didn't put the weight on within two weeks so do not expect it to go away fast.

I wish you all the best

I totally agree my problem has always been giving up... trying not to let myself go down that path again
  • Amara411
    Shame is pointless and destructive. Be proud of yourself that you haven’t given up! Take all that you’ve learned from your past experience and apply it to this journey. Believe that you can do this!!

And maybe be a little excited for the success to come! I’m excited for you!

Trying to get myself excited about fitting into my clothes again
  • Amara411
    Amara411 wrote: »
    Re-re-re-restarting for what feels like the billionth time on this weightloss journey. But here I am ashamed and disappointed in myself looking for some friends to support and motivate me and vice versa.
    So here goes -
    I'm Ari.
    5' 1 (ish)
    SW 187.2 lbs
    CW 185.4 lbs
    Short term goal weight 150 lbs
    Long term goal weight 125 lbs
    September goal - lost 5lbs

Please don't be. It is not a moral failure.

Something that helped me was looking at things from a positive angle.

For example, I don't run because I want to lose weight, I run because I like it, I'm outside, it's pretty, feel better after etc.
    If I also happen to lose weight that is a bonus.

There is always a different perspective, although sometimes you have to look hard for it.

That's a really good way to look at things. Thanks for the advice 😁
  • aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    Feeling ashamed is not going to help you. Be proud that you want to improve. Take small steps. Make 5lbs your goal. When you reach that goal give yourself some non-food
    treat, like see that movie you wanted to see, etc. Than make another 5 lbs your goal. Don’t look at the total amount you need to lose because it can be overwhelming.
    When you see that your clothes are getting
    a little looser, treat yourself to a cute blouse or sweater. Treat yourself like you would treat a best friend. Be kind to youself. Make you a priority. Eat healthy! You can do this!!
  • Honestly I've been there for real. Shame is how we get defeated. I agree with all the comments above. The only way I was able to deal with the emotional toil of the process is Jesus. I found my worth and value in Him alone. He told me who I was and not the scales or the carbs or the circumstances. My mental health improved drastically but it still was not easy so just expect the journey to be hard and long. But it's worth it.
  • Amara411
    aimjolie wrote: »
    Feeling ashamed is not going to help you. Be proud that you want to improve. Take small steps. Make 5lbs your goal. When you reach that goal give yourself some non-food
    treat, like see that movie you wanted to see, etc. Than make another 5 lbs your goal. Don’t look at the total amount you need to lose because it can be overwhelming.
    When you see that your clothes are getting
    a little looser, treat yourself to a cute blouse or sweater. Treat yourself like you would treat a best friend. Be kind to youself. Make you a priority. Eat healthy! You can do this!!

I replied to this so long ago I can't believe it never posted.. Thanks for the kind words I plan on taking this 5lbs at a time and treating myself to workout clothes as a reward as I go
  • cvdub16
    cvdub16 Posts: 71 Member
    I agree no need to be ashamed! I have been in your situation many times and I am currently in it right now! I was 210lbs when I found out I was pregnant with my second child who is 5 months now, and some how I lost weight during and after the pregnancy. So I got down to 165lbs but I have gone back up to 175lbs.

I'm Cass

5'3ish

CW 174lbs

Long Term goal: 140lbs

Fell free to add me!