Your favourite low calorie and filling foods

Options
Hi all,
Wanting to share our favourite low calorie foods - meals and snacks- that fill you up!
I’ll start - low fat yoghurt with berries - 150 cal or less if you make it with Chobani brand yoghurt and 125g of blueberries, or less if with strawberries.
What are your faves?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Veggies
    https://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-011000000000000000000.html

Green beans 40 cal/100g
    Broccoli 28 cal/100 g
    Brussels sprouts 42 cal/100g

I could go on, but I'm sure an interested person could look them up. :)
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mini Milk ice lollies - 40-50 cals, depending on brand.

Mini Babybel Light - 46 cals

Mini pot Fromage Frais - 42 cals

Linda McCartney vegan sausage - 71 cals

Harvest Morn Granola bar (half) - 96 cals

Graham's Goodness ice-cream - 79 cals/100ml

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    No fat cottage cheese 75g mixed with 100g homemade Kimchi. Makes a big bowl of spicy goodness! For just 77 cals 😊
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Built Bars, 110 calories, 15 grams protein.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If I don't have much wiggle room and I'm craving crunchy, I go for mini cucumbers with Tajin. Depending on how many you have (I just fill a plate with sliced ones, weigh it, and record it), it is usually around 25 calories.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Half an English cucumber and a medium size tomato, sliced, with 1 tablespoon of Marie's carmelized onion dressing, less than 100 calories.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    82EC wrote: »
    If I don't have much wiggle room and I'm craving crunchy, I go for mini cucumbers with Tajin. Depending on how many you have (I just fill a plate with sliced ones, weigh it, and record it), it is usually around 25 calories.

Hey Kristen8000 what’s Tajin?

It's a type of Mexican seasoning. It's really good

rwzcnc4ml7oe.jpg
  • sexynurse801ms
    sexynurse801ms Posts: 37 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    82EC wrote: »

Hey Kristen8000 what’s Tajin?

It's a spice that consists of chili powder, lime, and salt. I love to sprinkle it on fruit.
  • Mcwi3681
    Mcwi3681 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Protein really fills me up so my latest go-to when I'm hungry and need a quick fix until my next meal is to make a cup of hot chocolate with chocolate protein powder and water. It's 85 calories, 15 grams of protein, and it keeps me full for a few hours.
  • QueenofCaffeine4Life
    Options
    Any form of protein bar. My new fav is One bars. They are usually 220 calories or below. If I want really low cal but filling I like Danon Lite and Fit Yogurt, 80 cals with lots of protein. I also like ham or turkey slices wrapped around low cal string cheese. Depending on meat selected and using the 50 cal cheese it would be less than 75 cal for high protein low cal snacks.

Why am I talking about protein? Because for me, and me only, protein seems to satiate me over fat or carbs.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    For a snack: 1 Apple with a light Babybel cheese = about 150 calories and some nice fiber with a little fat and protein. I realized a few weeks ago that an apple has as much Fiber as one of those Fiber one bars! (For me, having enough fiber has been the key to staying full between meals)
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    For me, Nature Valley crunchy bars, and their new chocolate-peanut butter wafer bars, and the sweet and salty nut line-cashew or almond flavor.

I've decided to continue pretending Nature Valley is a healthy choice, for the time being. Sometimes it's better to live a lie.

When I'm in one of my rare moods in which I care about anything except the calories, usually it's a banana or apple with some almond, peanut, or chickpea butter. Fortunately, most of the time I figure if I hit my calorie target, I've done my job, so out come the Nature Valley cookies health bars.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Be careful about just low calorie. A lot of low cal stuff will leave you hungry.

An avocado will cost you 220 calories. But if I eat a whole avocado, I feel like I just ate half a pizza.

Healthy fats are caloric but super filling. So just consider that.
  • StaciMarie2020
    StaciMarie2020 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Apple slices with peanut butter. Weigh the pb but just need a little in each slice. Lean meats like ham or turkey. Pickles. Steamed edamame.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy greek yogurt. And this is my favorite type.
    Two Good, comes in a number of flavors, has 12 grams of Protein, 2 grams of sugars, total carbs 3 grams. I sometimes add a bit of fruit. But what I am really hooked on is adding 1 tsp of expresso powder.
    So total calories is Yogurt 80 calories, expresso powder 5 so 85 in total. Often is a cornerstone of breakfast, if I crave something sweet I will grab one of these and throw some nuts in after weighing them. Still keeping it under 150 calories in total.