NO MORE LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- SEPTEMBER 2019 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    Dear all, just wanting to say that since 8 p.m. seems too early, I decided to quietly "practice" at it this month and hopefully get back in October, with more determination and more success. I need to me more convinced, it seems ;-). Cheers to all!

It doesn't have to be 8:00 PM. Figure out how the concept would best work for you.

Today is day 99 for me with no LNS. I give the credit for me being able to do that to this thread. I might think of eating something at night just because I could. Then I'd think of my logging commitment here. It did the trick.

You won't know if it could work for you if you don't try it.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    Me: 13
    LNS: 4

Streak: +1
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Sept 17
    Me: 2*
    LNS: 0
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I know this month has been going poorly for me,
    but I'm going to take a win for last night.

I was working late and there was a pretzel snack bag right next to me and I wanted to reach for it, but I told myself no. Put in my nighttime mouthguard, got some more work done, and when I was starting to feel weak of self control, I chose to go to bed (and finish work in the morning) instead of snacking.

Me: 5*
    LNS: 12

Amanda
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,965 Member
    Options
    Me: 14*
    LNS: 3
  • dcq2
    dcq2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ok, starting over, as of 9/15/19.

I define LNS as snack foods, chocolate, or high fat/carb after 7:30 pm. Fruits veggies and healthy popcorn allowed. I’ve set an alarm on my phone to remind me when it is 7:30 pm.

9/18
    ME 3
    LNS 0
    Streak 4
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,121 Member
    Options
    Me14
    Lns3
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 14
    LNS: 4

Streak: +2
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Carrying existing streak from August.

9/1
    ME 1
    LNS 0
    Streak 83

9/2
    ME 2
    LNS 0
    Streak 84

9/3
    ME 3
    LNS 0
    Streak 85

9/4
    ME 4
    LNS 0
    Streak 86

9/5
    ME 5
    LNS 0
    Streak 87

9/6
    ME 6
    LNS 0
    Streak 88

9/7
    ME 7
    LNS 0
    Streak 89

9/8
    ME 8
    LNS 0
    Streak 90

9/9
    ME 9
    LNS 0
    Streak 91

9/10
    ME 10
    LNS 0
    Streak 92

9/11
    ME 11
    LNS 0
    Streak 93

9/12
    ME 12
    LNS 0
    Streak 94

9/13
    ME 13
    LNS 0
    Streak 95

9/14, 15, 16
    ME 16
    LNS 0
    Streak 98

9/17
    ME 17
    LNS 0
    Streak 99

9/18
    ME 18
    LNS 0
    Streak 100 BAM! 😋
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Sept 18
    Me: 3*
    LNS: 0

Streak: 3 (you’re a hard posting act to follow, @LyndaBSS! Congrats.)
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Thanks! I think about leaving this challenge but then I fear I won't have the willpower to stick to it without having to post.
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options

18/09

LNS: 3
    Me: 14
    Sugar Free: 16 (of 17)

.. feeling pretty good after more than 2 weeks of no sugary foods and drinks. 💪
    Today (19th) however there was bday cake - and I ate it. I don't regret it either but didn't feel amazing afterwards for a little while (and it would have been rude to baker not to have some).
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    Thanks! I think about leaving this challenge but then I fear I won't have the willpower to stick to it without having to post.

Congratulations on your 100 day streak! Writing the numbers each day has kept me from snacking many nights. Sometimes I've been tempted to fudge a little on my record keeping when I've barely crossed over into the realm of LNS, but then I ask myself, who am I fooling?
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    Me 15*
    LNS 3
  • dcq2
    dcq2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ok, starting over, as of 9/15/19.

I define LNS as snack foods, chocolate, or high fat/carb after 7:30 pm. Fruits veggies and healthy popcorn allowed. I’ve set an alarm on my phone to remind me when it is 7:30 pm.

9/19
    ME 3
    LNS 1
    Streak 0
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 13
    LNS: 5

Streak: 0
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,121 Member
    Options
    Me15
    Lns3
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    Dear all, just wanting to say that since 8 p.m. seems too early, I decided to quietly "practice" at it this month and hopefully get back in October, with more determination and more success. I need to me more convinced, it seems ;-). Cheers to all!

It doesn't have to be 8:00 PM. Figure out how the concept would best work for you.

Today is day 99 for me with no LNS. I give the credit for me being able to do that to this thread. I might think of eating something at night just because I could. Then I'd think of my logging commitment here. It did the trick.

You won't know if it could work for you if you don't try it.

@LyndaBSS : thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me personally. I really appreciate it.

Just felt the urge to say: the original poster of this thread was, years ago, myself 😀. I think it is very important to give up food a few hours before going to bed. I had people jump in (this thread) just to contradict: I'm not claiming it works for all the same! This is why I refined my original post during time and @lamlam2013 was so wonderful to consistently carry this over for so much time now!

For me (and many like me), discipline is crucial! The way and the feelings that I go to bed with influence the way I feel the morning after!! Needless to say, the way I which we start our days is most likely going to determine our success during that day!

8 p.m. is important for me, because it's now 9 p.m. and I know that I can and need to do better! If I didn't have kids and need to schedule my whole day around them, I'd make it 7 or earlier 😉.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    @dewit A huge thank you, then, for starting this thread way back. I'm so grateful it exists. 💟
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Sept 18

Me: 11
    LNS: 7*

Streak: 0