Got A Lot To Lose!

Hi Everyone, Just started about three days ago. Doing pretty well with in my carbs for a day. They really add up fast. I have to lose at least 100lbs. plus more. I like this site a lot. Get a lot of encouragement to keep going. Hope it lasts! Keep up the good news and don't think no one reads these posts I do and I will every day! P.S. Haven't weighed myself yet, kind of afraid. That's all for now.Thanks to everyone! Katie

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    buster2485 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, Just started about three days ago. Doing pretty well with in my carbs for a day. They really add up fast. I have to lose at least 100lbs. plus more. I like this site a lot. Get a lot of encouragement to keep going. Hope it lasts! Keep up the good news and don't think no one reads these posts I do and I will every day! P.S. Haven't weighed myself yet, kind of afraid. That's all for now.Thanks to everyone! Katie

Hi @buster2485 Katie,

Don't worry about weighing yourself right now if you don't want. It is not that important until you hit about 6 weeks. You can take starting pictures and take measurements to help you gauge progress. However, fat loss can be kind of weird and if you start by losing visceral fat you may not see much change for a few pounds. After that it depends on genetics. You could lose weight in places you didn't even consider like your head, hands, and feet so be patient.

If you would like to focus on a sensible and sustainable approach to losing your weight I would like to invite you to the MFP Larger Losers group. It is for people who are starting or previously started with 75 or more pounds to lose. There are many wonderfully kind and supportive people they keep me around for some reason too.

Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

If you don't wish to join please don't quit losing weight for any reason. Perfection is not required so you can't ever "ruin" or "blow" your diet making mistakes or eating too much in short periods of time. Learn as much as you can by reading the "most helpful" posts at the top of the forums and be very kind to yourself.
  • buster2485
    buster2485 Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for the info. I will look up that site.
  • buster2485

Little problem I need advice. My daily meals chart...carbs are good numbers...fat seems to be over what its supposed to be, sugar, too. Any suggestions will help...
  • NovusDies
    Little problem I need advice. My daily meals chart...carbs are good numbers...fat seems to be over what its supposed to be, sugar, too. Any suggestions will help...

Fat and sugar being over the target is not a problem for most people. Many people ignore them completely. I replaced my Sugar column with Fiber a very long time ago. My only concern with fat is that mine is sometimes too low.

I would concentrate on calories only for now. That is what decides if you are losing weight. There are a lot of things about logging accurately you will likely need to refine in the next month or so.

Once you have logging down and a good handle on your calories then you will want to focus on making sure you get enough protein. That is a goal that on most days you will want to meet or exceed. The other macros can typically fall high or short of your daily targets with no consequence unless, like me, your food choices runs lower fat.
  • buster2485
    Thanks so much.
  • NovusDies
    Thanks so much.

Glad to help.