Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2019
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I have recently begun a decluttering of my house. I'm having some surgery in mid October and will be in a sling for potentially 6 weeks. All the friends and family who want to help out are neat freaks so I want the house in order. Can I tell you it feels lighter. If that makes sense. I have always been good working out and working out pretty hard but this is an even better feeling. My garbage bins are full, I've put at least 30 cookbooks to the curb and the neighborhood nannies are in heaven. My husband and son keep worrying that I'm giving their stuff away. But they will get it eventually. It feels great. Here's a before and after from yesterday. Took me 5 hours, my legs were sore, back too and I've bruises everywhere. Next up is all the kitchen drawers and then I move upstairs after doing the hall closet. w25x5ekhhahw.jpg
    6091ry0i29ku.jpg

You're my total BOO and shero for posting those pics AND for sharing your WINS with us...you ROCK, period. YAY YOU and BOOM!
    <3o:)<3

P.S. Your kitchen is fabulous honey--YAY YOU once more!!!!!

ETA: Girl...decluttering and cleaning up all the time/everyday is SUPER exercise for me (called N.E.A.T. exercising and is the only exercise I used in my entire weight blastification. AND you will be in my thoughts and prayer regarding your surgery in mid-October
    {{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}}.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    DH decided to fix the kitchen walls before moving the big fridge/freezer from the kitchen. Fair enough.

Walls are now fixed, hole left has been turned into a cupboard.

Big fridge/freezer is now in the garage. Just needs a quick clean then it can be advertised.

I WILL get my dishwasher back tomorrow!
    I forgot! I have discovered that decluttering is, in fact, highly infectious.

I saw my mum earlier today and she told me that she's fed up of all the stuff she has. She's decided to get rid of everything she doesn't use. I asked if she needed any help... and got funny looks from DH.

If this keeps up, maybe we can all "infect" someone and declutter the world.

Girlllll...you posts MADE MY DAY and made/makes me smile from ear to ear with JOY! YAY YOU!!!
    You are telling to T.R.U.T.H. when you say decluttering is infectious, because it REALLY is. May take the gang longer than others, but all aboard they become as they see YOU MEAN BUSINESS and with or without them, you're getting rid of a lot of ugh/yuck and woe that clutter is and can be. Again, it may take some family members longer than others, but around here, they have caught the "fire" of use it or lose it, clean/uncluttered is COOL.

Decluttering is a lot like weight maintenance, management AFTER reaching your goal weight. If (not when but IF) we start ignoring stuff or allowing ourselves to say/think..."let them do it" or I'll do it tomorrow, going back to our old way of thinking and living about ignoring mess and putting off tomorrow what we should be doing today...honeyyyyy--that clutter and dirty clothes and ironing forever catches you unawares big-time. For me, I have to be on it everyday, because when I don't and leave off laundry, sweeping, tossing stuff and not putting stuff back in it's place IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER--BAM! Here come the clutter and ugh faster than you can say "who shot John", FOR REALZ!

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    znaoiec

I'm thrilled you're here, period. {{{ Hugs and High Fives }}}}
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I have recently begun a decluttering of my house. I'm having some surgery in mid October and will be in a sling for potentially 6 weeks. All the friends and family who want to help out are neat freaks so I want the house in order. Can I tell you it feels lighter. If that makes sense. I have always been good working out and working out pretty hard but this is an even better feeling. My garbage bins are full, I've put at least 30 cookbooks to the curb and the neighborhood nannies are in heaven. My husband and son keep worrying that I'm giving their stuff away. But they will get it eventually. It feels great. Here's a before and after from yesterday. Took me 5 hours, my legs were sore, back too and I've bruises everywhere. Next up is all the kitchen drawers and then I move upstairs after doing the hall closet. w25x5ekhhahw.jpg
    6091ry0i29ku.jpg

You're my total BOO and shero for posting those pics AND for sharing your WINS with us...you ROCK, period. YAY YOU and BOOM!

ETA: Girl...decluttering and cleaning up all the time/everyday is SUPER exercise for me (called N.E.A.T. exercising and is the only exercise I used in my entire weight blastification. AND you will be in my thoughts and prayer regarding your surgery in mid-October
    {{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}}.

Awww thanks
    I'm addicted I think. I was kept busy today but kept thinking of my next cleaning space.

I can't wait for Monday morning when I empty out every cupboard and inventory what I have. I have a friend who has asked for any kitchen stuff I want to give away.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member

Doesn't my island look pretty all set up for my friends to come over for a baking lesson !!!!
    I'm getting used to this aesu39oe5au6.jpg

It super does and I LOVE that you're "getting used to this" because decluttering and living more simply is definitely something one has to get used to, if they aren't naturally organized and stuff. YAY YOU, have fun with your baking party.
    6091ry0i29ku.jpg

{{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}}.

Awww thanks
    I'm addicted I think. I was kept busy today but kept thinking of my next cleaning space.

I can't wait for Monday morning when I empty out every cupboard and inventory what I have. I have a friend who has asked for any kitchen stuff I want to give away.

I know, I don't call it "addicted" I call it developing new and better habits. When I think about it that way, when I think about my decluttering AND maintaining my decluttered areas, when I think about my living in a more clean/organized/simplified life and home, it makes me feel stronger and more clear minded and joyful and encouraged. You're doing soooo well--YAY YOU!

You're right it's not addicting.

I thought of this while I showered this morning. It's like a gigantic confidence boost because it's a huge sense of accomplishment. When I run i hate it but it feels so good after. I've burned calories and I feel I want to tell the world I did something hard. Haha.

This decluttering is similar. It's a frigging awesome workout, it Feels great after and I want to show the world what I've done.

All of these things boost out confidence and make us feel better about ourselves so really we are working on our mental health
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    I chopped some bell peppers, and got them in the freezer today. Going back to NY next week, (babysitting) so I started packing for that trip. Otherwise, straightened rooms as I went in and out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!