Where'd you get your username?

12346»

Replies

• lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 101 Member
    Mine is actually a weird story, when I was in high school, we had a substitute teacher and people were being silly and putting fake names on the sign in sheet she passed around instead of actually taking roll. Someone intended to sign as Super Man but instead signed "Supper Man." My friend and I found this hilarious and decided we'd form a league of Super Meal Heroes! She was Dinner Woman, another friend was Breakfast Boy, I became Lunch Girl. I added the "ie" to the end because my usual was already taken.

That's a cute story, but being a sub myself, I can't help feeling sorry for your poor sub!

I'm a substitute teacher too. I never give the kids my real name. I always make something up.

I think we did actually write our real names on the sign up sheet, but our league of Super Meal Heroes became an extracurricular game for us. I miss being amused by things like that... oh to be... half my age again.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Poprocks and coke is not only an old urban legend , but the real reason for my name is that it is an old Green Day song :bigsmile:
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    My first name and my second middle name - my fav as I was named after my dad's first puppy!!!- funny thing is people presume it is my name- caroltina!!!!
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    It was during a time in my life that I felt ineffectual and like my life was pointless. A friend of mine said, "Have you ever heard of chaos theory? A butterfly flaps its wings in Tokyo and starts a chain of events that build to an earthquake in Toronto, and you're no mere butterfly." It was one of the most beautiful things anyone's ever said to me.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Picked it when I joined a gardening forum for "exotic" plants a while ago. All the plants I love to grow are "weird" looking or have an "alternative" flare to them (bad smelling-yet beautiful flowers, latex sap, eat bugs, odd growing conditions)...I'm not sure exactly why this reminded me of the feminist alternative punk movement of the late 80s (since I'm pro-female, but not an over the top feminist), but it felt right and has been one of my online names ever since. No one else has it either, so I don't have to put a bunch of numbers after it--which is always nice.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    names of my two favorite songs by the BEST band ever Muse =] I also liked how they kind of contradicted each other. a sunburn fro a dead star ;D
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    It was during a time in my life that I felt ineffectual and like my life was pointless. A friend of mine said, "Have you ever heard of chaos theory? A butterfly flaps its wings in Tokyo and starts a chain of events that build to an earthquake in Toronto, and you're no mere butterfly." It was one of the most beautiful things anyone's ever said to me.

I love that!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    i bought mine on ebay.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    just my "log-in" name at work :/
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Little kids can't seem to say my name; it always comes out Tauny :) and I love it! And 78 is the year I was born. If possible, I'm always tauny78 on any site.
  • LordRahl
    LordRahl Posts: 48 Member
    "LordRahl", from a series of books that I enjoy. Terry Goodkind is the author.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Nothing too special about mine, lol. It's because I'm irish and a girl, but i don't like normal spelling on anything so i always change it up, lol.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Im a Police officer and my badge number is 25.

Hey! I'm a police supply vendor!
    Anyway, I got my name from my bf....he used to say I was like a catfish cuz catfish ate anything and everything like me...but cuz I'm predatory like a shark....hence Catshark. LOL. Plus I'm as restless as a shark.
  • subela
    subela Posts: 76
    The first 2 letters of mine and children's names : SUzanne, BEn, LAuren = Subela
  • birth plus 1
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    My name is Kaitlin (some friends call me Kaits) and my favorite numbers are 10 and 8 and I'm indecisive so I use both. :)
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    My mother's name is Hazel. Some say I'm a nut.