Spray whipped cream

2»

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    I weigh it as well. 2 servings (10g) is usually good for me--it's a decent amount. I do buy the fat free kind though, because it's less calories.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    is it really going to make much difference metabolically if it is a tablespoon more not really
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    edited April 2016
    If you do end up weighing it can you post a picture of what 2 tbsp actually looks like? I've never weighed whipped cream and don't have any on hand but am curious how much a serving actually looks like haha.

It says 5 grams on the picture. 20 grams is a serving for 45 calories.

f836e334c723f51a382a9635d14066f4.jpg
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Pinkylee77 wrote: »
    is it really going to make much difference metabolically if it is a tablespoon more not really

It depends. If you are careless on all of your measurements, those can really add up. If you have a lot yet to lose & have a big deficit, you may still lose weight even with all of those added calories. If you are closer to goal & don't have as much wiggle room it could make a big difference. I maintain at 1430 a day. That doesn't give me much room to make mistakes.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    I'm close to goal at 1200 calories. I see what you mean as far as the wiggle room to not make mistakes. I burn lots of calories a day with exercise and don't eat back those calories but that day I did
  • Losewtforlife4him
    All of your comments are awesome! Thanks a bunch for your ideas. I'm actually out of spray whipped cream now to try measuring it but I guess that's a good thing or I would want to eat it and as someone else said, spray in my mouth prior to making it to the dessert lol! Thanks everyone!!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    I don't know why I never would have thought to weigh it before when I first posted this...using a bowl, zeroing that out and weighing the whipped cream as I scoop it out or spray it out. It makes me feel so much more in control knowing that I can have as much as I want as long as I have the calories...and still lose weight!! :smile:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I don't know why I never would have thought to weigh it before when I first posted this...using a bowl, zeroing that out and weighing the whipped cream as I scoop it out or spray it out. It makes me feel so much more in control knowing that I can have as much as I want as long as I have the calories...and still lose weight!! :smile:

Yep, this is pretty much how i weigh every thing i eat :wink:

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I've easily used 10 servings of whipped cream at once - it's not as much as one would imagine. The only way to be accurate is to weigh.
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Of course, if one were to have a choice, one should always choose clotted cream over whipped cream
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    cronus70 wrote: »
    Canned spray cream=grim, would rather buy some whipping cream and whisk it up.

I actually like the canned stuff better...

Agreed
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Clearly, I need to go buy some tomorrow and see for myself - for science of course
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Clearly, I need to go buy some tomorrow and see for myself - for science of course

Most definitely!! It's so much better eating it this way because you can keep spraying without the guilt (for me at least) when you know exactly how many calories you're consuming.

• carliedeboer
    carliedeboer Posts: 1 Member
    This is four servings (5g per serving).xa7hwlg4sxbl.jpeg
  • Do we have sugar free cream spray in the UK?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Probably! Although I can’t even think of the last time I saw that vile cream in a can stuff, anyway. I do remember when it first appeared in the UK - early 70s I think. My mum bought it for a while then we all decided it wasn’t really very nice!

Only seen it used in cheap restaurants and when on holiday in the States since then!
  • jdelo43
    jdelo43 Posts: 1 Member
    Regarding canned whip cream, if you read the label you will note there is very little in it. I use it as my sweet tooth go to occasionally and never had it be an issue.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2019
    IMHO, can’t compare with cream you whip yourself.