Options
2»

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    katermari wrote: »
    i probably am not eating enough at all

This could be the issue. Are you reaching your daily caloire goal? If not, eat enough to reach that goal. These extra calories may be enough for you to comfortably make it through the evening and still lose weight.
  • noah49822
    noah49822 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For me it was all about finding that true motivation and remembering why i wanted it. Then it was much easier for me to stay focused..
  • Birdcoast
    Birdcoast Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Following because the same thing happens to me. It's mostly boredom tho. I've decided not to buy my comfort foods. So when I feel a binge coming on, I doubt I'd wanna binge on fruit or veggies.
    I agree. This is a huge downfall for me as well, I try not to keep comfort or junk food around for that exact purpose.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I find it important (for me) to have an afternoon snack. Sometimes it's just a small apple, or a couple of crackers with cheese - whatever I feel like that works into my day.

If not, I get ravenously hungry and want to eat everything in sight.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i would say eat more, decrease your deficit. increase your protein intake, exercise in the evening for a little, great stress relief and helps manage hunger signals, have snacky things in the house that you can eat that will not derail your efforts. i have rice crackers, carrots, etc around to munch on while i cook etc. i also find it very helpful to have a vege heavy dinner. you can eat a lot and be full without to much of a calorie wack. 'too much' carbs a find tend to make me want to eat more
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! last night i didn't binge!!!!
  • mkmaske23
    mkmaske23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Before you head home, write down your goals. Remind yourself why you are doing this and that will be in the back of your mind
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options

excellent job!

the only way i make it through is to save plenty of calories for the evenings. i'm so busy during the day it's pretty easy for me to plan on the majority of my calories coming after 5ish.
  • katermari
    Options
    thanos5 wrote: »

excellent job!

the only way i make it through is to save plenty of calories for the evenings. i'm so busy during the day it's pretty easy for me to plan on the majority of my calories coming after 5ish.

i sit at a desk its hard!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    Change your routine. Somehow your brain associates being home at five with eating a treat or comfort food. So shake up your routine by doing errands on the way home from work..or going to the gym to work out, or visit someone. What I do is work late..I find if I get home at 6:30 or 7... I can busy myself cooking something healthy for dinner..eat at 8...and then I'm home free for the night. If I don't work late.. I stop off at Target or the grocery store and pick up stuff I need or just kill time.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options

Neither did I because of this post. Thank you! I worked out instead of lounging around & when I did snack, I ate carrot stick & hummus. Lets see what happens this evening.
  • katermari
    Options
    I am the worst vegetarian ever, I hate so many things.
    18922 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Loved all these comments and suggestions. I think this is a common issue. I work twelve hour shifts and often I get home at 9pm and find myself going to food to relax. Wrong choice but its not easy to convince yourself. Since fall is coming a nice hot bath helps but I dont always feel like it. I'm going to friend some of you of motivation as well :0