NSVs are the best!!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Wow what a big difference between the two pictures in such a short time. Did you do low carb and how much weight loss between the two pics if you don’t mine my asking.

@loveswalking

Thanks

I am eating low carb (due to a health condition that causes sensitivities to carbs). And I eat higher fats, it's the easiest way to get calories in when not consuming a high carb diet.

I don't own a scale, so I'm not exactly sure about weight. I know I started around 225-230 lbs and usually when I can fit into those shorts am around 165-170.

Started losing on MFP with a calorie goal of 1410, was losing way too quickly. So, I upped my calories to 1650 and still losing.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emma! You're like a different person!!! OMG, You're doing so great!

Thanks, I feel like a different person!! No longer avoiding my reflection and store camera images! Not to mention the confidence boost that comes with losing.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    boldknee wrote: »
    An amazing transformation. Great job doing it in a healthy way, too!

Thanks... Yeah, losing on a good calorie intake and light workouts (30-40 minutes) has been incredible!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited September 2019
    Soooooo inspiring!!! You are a rockstar!!! 💪💪💪🔥🔥🔥🙌🙌🙌🤩🤩🤩 I do light workouts too (while eating a calorie deficit) & have lost over 100+ lbs doing so!!! Seeing another person lose that way makes me feel sooooo happy!! You look absolutely incredible!! Congratulations on kicking soooo much butt!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 NSV’s are the best!!

Thanks!!! 100+ is an incredible loss!! Way to go!!

I hate to say it, but I wanted to lose weight without feeling starved or ever hungry. I'm not a gym person (too self conscious to work out in front of other people). So yeah, light aerobics, pilates, and core strength exercises at home while watching television, 3-5 days a week. I use 1lb hand weights. It's worked! ;)
  • Emmapatterson1729
    @FluffyKitty987

The 20 minute workout is ironic.

I was avid aerobic video doer in the 80s (I use to love a show called "20 minute workout"). There was one episode led by Bess Matta I memorized, and that is kind of the base of my workout.

The show looks so cheesy now, but fun little doable workouts.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    That's amazing, Emma .Congratulations on your weight loss in such a short time.You're doing great! ❤
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Malimalai wrote: »
    That's amazing, Emma .Congratulations on your weight loss in such a short time.You're doing great! ❤

Thanks...I didn't realize how short of a time period it's been, until I went to put label on the new pictures. Feels like it's been a lot longer.
  • nenelove
    nenelove Posts: 25 Member
    Emma, you are certainly a rockstar 🌟 💫!!! I am very proud of you and I can see your hard work and dedication. You are such an inspiration I know you will reach your goal in no time.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    nenelove wrote: »
    Emma, you are certainly a rockstar 🌟 💫!!! I am very proud of you and I can see your hard work and dedication. You are such an inspiration I know you will reach your goal in no time.

Thanks, it's been a crazy trip!

One more size to lose!!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Emma how many carbs do you eat every day if you don’t mind my asking ?
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emma how many carbs do you eat every day if you don’t mind my asking ?

@loveswalking

It's varied. I started the first few days at 50 grams, but didn't care where they came from (veggie, fruits, sugar creamer, sugar, rice, raw honey, etc).

After a few days of cutting carbs, I naturally dropped lower. 11-26 net carbs of all veggies and fruits, and a little dairy.

About a month ago, I raised Carbs (30-50 net) to include more sweet fruits (nectarines, plums, oranges).

Last week dropped down to under 20 again.

I do take liquid kelp for thyroid support. And If I do any exercise, I eat high protein meal after workout (helps speed metabolism by replacing energy spent).

My diary is open to friends. I log daily and all active on my feed. Diary's pretty boring lately... My life has been very stressful the last couple of weeks, which directly impacts my food, cooking, and prepping. Plus that's why I started working out recently was to help cope with stress and problems.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited September 2019
    drastic change...wow and did you seriously transform that much in those few short months? congrats!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited September 2019
    drastic change...wow and did you seriously transform that much in those few short months? congrats!

@riffraff2112
    Thanks!
    Yeah. The first pictures I took June 11 were a couple of days after starting to log on MFP. I originally took them for my eyes only (they're pretty graphic).

I have made a lot of comments through the forums about progress pictures in place of scales for myself (scales can be discouraging or get obsessed over a number) and how taking the progress pics have been like watching my body dissolve away. But I did decide to share after significant loss...I have been so over-the-top happy about the progress, I started sharing in here last month with posted pics.

I've always had a pretty good metabolism. I think a reason for rapid change, was partly because my weight was gained very quickly when I caught a disease. I cut carbs for a week of Unleavened Bread (religious observation). And felt better, less stomach pain and bloat went down. After much research, decided to try a low carb lifestyle. And I believe the carb sensitivities I had developed were the main cause of the weight gain. Just a theory.

Everytime I take new pictures my jaw hits the floor in shock!

• LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    2xcwfdzkf4v3.jpg

When and where I started to the now!! Almost there!!! This has been a crazy journey to better health!!

Well done, Emma, that's a fantastic achievement.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    LeiLaura wrote: »
    2xcwfdzkf4v3.jpg

When and where I started to the now!! Almost there!!! This has been a crazy journey to better health!!

Well done, Emma, that's a fantastic achievement.

Thanks!! 😃
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    60 lbs lost in 3 months? Wow.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited September 2019
    60 lbs lost in 3 months? Wow.

I honestly don't really know what I weigh. I don't really own a scale (history of anorexia and getting obsessed).

I'm just guessing weight based on weight history combined with size. I started around a size 20 (was squeezing into size 18 yoga pants that were literally ripping at the seams :( Terrified to go to store and buy new pants that actually fit, because I knew it would be 20s or 22s)! When that big in past from injury, weighed 225-235ish.

Down to 13 juniors (I don't wear juniors out, just keep at house to gage size, and I try on my daughter's clothes). But new jeans I bought were size 12 misses. When in size 12, I'm usually around 165-175ish.

Been tempted to buy a scale recently just to see where I'm at more accurately, because I am almost where I like to be. And I don't like the way I look if I get too thin.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!