Are the carbs from low calorie protein Ice Cream good or bad carbs ?

2»

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Why are people who are not type 1 diabetics afraid of insulin spikes??? - insulin spikes ( or rises in less emotive language) in response to glucose in the blood stream
    That is what it is supposed to do and how the body regulates blood sugar levels.

Dangerous thing for type 1 diabetics is artificial insulin spikes without equivalent glucose in the blood stream to even out

Ie taking their insulin injection without having food to balance it

But this is not an issue for people with naturally occurring insulin ( ie everybody else but type 1 diabetics) whose insulin rises, as it is meant to, to convert blood sugar into the cells.

It involves many more than Type 1 Diabetics, or I am not getting your point. I am a Type 2 Diabetic, and when I have swings of blood glucose readings spiking out of range. It is normally caused by a Carb issue, that in turn has caused the blood sugar to rise higher than what I want. So I exercise to get it back down.
    An insulin spike occurs when your body secretes a lot of insulin in a short period of time as the result in a spike in blood sugar. Yes I understand Type 2 issues are different than the Type 1, but still high blood sugars can cause big issues.

As a diabetic though, I decided the so called special ice creams small amount very expensive not really worth it. So instead I go out for the treat. And take in how many carbs, and exercise I will do to keep the blood sugar in check so there will not be an Insulin Spike.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Sorry all, I had a delay in comments showing up on my end.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Why are people who are not type 1 diabetics afraid of insulin spikes??? - insulin spikes ( or rises in less emotive language) in response to glucose in the blood stream
    That is what it is supposed to do and how the body regulates blood sugar levels.

Dangerous thing for type 1 diabetics is artificial insulin spikes without equivalent glucose in the blood stream to even out

Ie taking their insulin injection without having food to balance it

But this is not an issue for people with naturally occurring insulin ( ie everybody else but type 1 diabetics) whose insulin rises, as it is meant to, to convert blood sugar into the cells.

It involves many more than Type 1 Diabetics, or I am not getting your point. I am a Type 2 Diabetic, and when I have swings of blood glucose readings spiking out of range. It is normally caused by a Carb issue, that in turn has caused the blood sugar to rise higher than what I want. So I exercise to get it back down.
    An insulin spike occurs when your body secretes a lot of insulin in a short period of time as the result in a spike in blood sugar. Yes I understand Type 2 issues are different than the Type 1, but still high blood sugars can cause big issues.

As a diabetic though, I decided the so called special ice creams small amount very expensive not really worth it. So instead I go out for the treat. And take in how many carbs, and exercise I will do to keep the blood sugar in check so there will not be an Insulin Spike.

You would be worse off if you didn't have an insulin response to high blood sugar.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    BAD CARBS... let me take them away for ya.. you know, for your safety!🤥