Unsuccessful transition

Options
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the proper forum, so I aplogize but I could really use all of your help.

I was transitioning into maintenance for a few months. I started in about May/June to increase my calorie intake because I was severely restricting myself unintentionally. For some basic information, I'm 5'6", female, 30, and have my maintenance range set to 124-128 lbs. I was doing pretty well though, logging and watching my daily trends, but I noticed at some point that I was getting very linked with the number on the scale and began developing an unhealhy obsession. On top of this obsession, I was still restricting severely and overtraining (even against the advice of people close to me). I lost my menstrual cycle and believe I might be experiencing some kind of adrenal fatigue.

On September 11th, I reached my lowest weight of 123.8 lbs. That Friday, my eating plan/schedule got messed up and I was so hungry that I had a binge. Since then, I have been having multiple binges (extreme and uncontrolled) and have stopped weighing myself because I'm terrified of what the scale will show.

I have obviously gained weight these past 2 weeks. I feel larger, my clothes fit a little snugger, I have less definition in my muscles overall, and I'm less lean. How much could I have realistically gained? About 5 lbs? Maybe more? I feel so disappointed in myself and I don't want to lose all of the progress I earned... I've been at this for over a year and half. Lost over 100 lbs. I don't want to go back but I'm so demotivated by how I feel currently.

I know that I should speak with a mental health professional, but is there any advice that you could give? I need to make a new routine and shed this weight, but I don't want to go back to severe restriction because I'm afraid I'll just go back into a binge/restriction cycle.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Oh, last thoughts.... @cmriverside is most likely right about it taking a year for some hunger hormones to balance some. I posted some recent research on the subject in the maintainers forum.

What happened to your AV image? Had me worried there for a minute, I thought you got in trouble! :wink:

*edit to say, all I was seeing was the gray bobblehead...now it's back to your other AV. Weird.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Today is a challenge. I went to the gym but felt awful. One positive though is that I was able to increase my lifts a bit. 😅 I feel nauseous and bloated, so I don't have much of an interest in food. Today may have to be a lighter day before I return to maintenance level calories. One of the worst side effects besides the feeling of having a fever, chills, lethargy, etc. is that all of my clothes are tight. Putting on my work clothes made me really realize the weight (no pun intended) of what I had done.

Are you actually sick with an illness? Have you been to the doctor yet? DO track your food, DO track these symptoms, and DO tell your doctor about them if they continue for longer than a week. Really FEEL your body and write down every little thing and report ALL of it to your doctor if it continues.

I hope you feel better soon!