The High Wears Off

Options
2»

Replies

• Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If you are interested, the challenge group I belong to is now open for registration for October. I belong to the team Shrinking Assets. Just another tool in the tool box, and I need all the tools I can get.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10765939/fat2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-october-registration/p1?new=1
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have been finding it to be a bit of a drag lately too. Just frustrated at how slow it is, I guess

I dont have any magical tips but thought I would just put in what I am working at to help me get through...other small goals and challenges.

Right now, this includes:
    - finishing my studies (one week left to complete 3 assignments, and submit my portfolios)
    - doing a couple of challenges on here (a weight one and a steps per day one)
    - trying to workout regularly (kids are home for school holidays now, so it's a bit hard, but have been doing well up until now)
    - getting to bed early/ getting enough sleep
    - walking the dog every day if possible
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Float tank sounds like a great idea. I hope it was restorative for you.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @Terytha
    I am glad the float tank was a good experience for you. Hang in there!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I think many feel the same largely due to a crisis of purpose. Why I see so many self help gurus springing up everywhere. Life is so incredibly complex and despite things being far better than ever before we are now aware of everything, so we perceive this from a very skewed lens.

Everyone is going to have a different motivator, but I find the people most fulfilled find something larger than themselves.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Might want to also use the search option for threads on NSV's (non-scale victories). Maybe they can help you see the bigger picture of how far you've come and renewed motivation to keep plugging along, hopefully with renewed vigor and confidence.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I'm tired and burned out from work sucking and being sickly. The more weight I lose, the more goes wrong with my health.

I feel like going on a diet break would just add another layer of unhappiness on this depression sandwich.

Besides, I'd rather go on break at Christmas.

Chances are that it won't add a layer of unhappiness though. If there's no deadline to lose weight, there's very little reason to avoid a diet break when feeling burnt out. It is very likely to undo the burn-out. Even doing one now doesn't mean you couldn't do one at Christmas.

Also, if you value keeping the weight off, a break is good practice. It is easier than it would seem to screw up on maintenance, so getting use to eating more in a maintenance way can prepare for that.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I'm tired and burned out from work sucking and being sickly. The more weight I lose, the more goes wrong with my health.

I feel like going on a diet break would just add another layer of unhappiness on this depression sandwich.

Besides, I'd rather go on break at Christmas.

Chances are that it won't add a layer of unhappiness though. If there's no deadline to lose weight, there's very little reason to avoid a diet break when feeling burnt out. It is very likely to undo the burn-out. Even doing one now doesn't mean you couldn't do one at Christmas.

Also, if you value keeping the weight off, a break is good practice. It is easier than it would seem to screw up on maintenance, so getting use to eating more in a maintenance way can prepare for that.

There's a sort of deadline. In a literal way. I frequently feel as though if I don't lose weight I will simply die of all my health problems, having never found a doctor who would actually look at me instead of telling me to lose weight.

I don't have it in me anymore to face the world at my size without at least the progress to remind me that it won't be like this forever.