Options

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: Β»
    cdubks88 wrote: Β»
    once upon a time...filled my car with gas...just drove for hours.. stayed in a motel near a nice beach.. next day... Drove back and took the scenic route..

Oh wow.....I can relate to this so much.

Hwy 1/PCH in Cali was always a bucket list for me being from the midwest. Got to do it twice. It was incredible and unbelievably relaxing.

I'm on the east side of the states..it was fun and relaxing.. from northern Virginia/DC area .. drove toward east to Ocean City Md.. drove along the coast...rode a ferry ended in Cape May.... nice quaint old town..

Almost did drove the west coastline.. visited/flew to San fran for couple days.
    Rented a car ..ended driving west to Yosemite park instead.. stayed over night and drive back to San fran then flew back the following day.

Have never been east/ne......but planning to get to Boston sometime next year. Hoping I can roll down the coast that way.

If you make it back out to San Fran and have a chance, take the PCH out of Pacifica there.....you won't regret it. Went down to Santa Cruz the first tim. Super cool smaller town....boardwalk, etc......second time on further to Monterey.....both fabulous drives. 😎
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    once upon a time...filled my car with gas...just drove for hours.. stayed in a motel near a nice beach.. next day... Drove back and took the scenic route..

Hwy 1/PCH in Cali was always a bucket list for me being from the midwest. Got to do it twice. It was incredible and unbelievably relaxing.

I'm on the east side of the states..it was fun and relaxing.. from northern Virginia/DC area .. drove toward east to Ocean City Md.. drove along the coast...rode a ferry ended in Cape May.... nice quaint old town..

Rented a car ..ended driving west to Yosemite park instead.. stayed over night and drive back to San fran then flew back the following day.

Have never been east/ne......but planning to get to Boston sometime next year. Hoping I can roll down the coast that way.

If you make it back out to San Fran and have a chance, take the PCH out of Pacifica there.....you won't regret it. Went down to Santa Cruz the first tim. Super cool smaller town....boardwalk, etc......second time on further to Monterey.....both fabulous drives. 😎

Yeah.. that's the place.. Monterey... πŸ‘
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: Β»
    I tried knitting. Epic fail. 😞

Same. Me and textiles are a no-go. There's like, three dimensions involved. And the whole tension thing. I'm terrible with handling tension.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: Β»
    I tried knitting. Epic fail. 😞

Same. Me and textiles are a no-go. There's like, three dimensions involved. And the whole tension thing. I'm terrible with handling tension.

I think I was doing it wrong, it made my knuckles ache :(
  • cdubks88
    Options
    dancing, being out in nature, camping

its still hot here but i know it will cool off enough soon and then all winter will be awesome

Love camping. How do you camp? I know lots of folks who do it all types of ways. We like to tent camp.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    On a regular basis, I listen to music, do yoga, go for walks, read, take baths, and get massages.

When I really need to reset, I travel to places and do naturey things. Costa Rica is my favorite.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

Beep really loud when you're in Boston....I'll come out and say hai to you and the fam!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    If I have time I dance....music is always a constant ....I read for work now so its not as relaxing but that used to be a lovely way to unwind....glass of wine....

Walks are great but I can't get out without kiddo so I just try to find things I can do from home
    (With music on always)
    Cooking/baking
    Drawing/painting
    Maybe some crafts

Anything I can get lost in....

Good thread!!πŸ€—

• JMTaucher
    JMTaucher Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Play with my huskies.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I like to write story's and song's. I also like to sing when I'm a lone.. If it wasn't for my shyness I'd probably be famous oh well
  • cdubks88
    Options
    On a regular basis, I listen to music, do yoga, go for walks, read, take baths, and get massages.

When I really need to reset, I travel to places and do naturey things. Costa Rica is my favorite.

Nice. Love to travel and see new places too...
  • cdubks88
    Options

Beep really loud when you're in Boston....I'll come out and say hai to you and the fam!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—

Will do. Can't wait to see it.....one of the areas I've always wanted to see......so much history. 😁
  • cdubks88
    Options
    If I have time I dance....music is always a constant ....I read for work now so its not as relaxing but that used to be a lovely way to unwind....glass of wine....

Walks are great but I can't get out without kiddo so I just try to find things I can do from home
    (With music on always)
    Cooking/baking
    Drawing/painting
    Maybe some crafts

Anything I can get lost in....

Good thread!!πŸ€—

Awesome to hear so many people dance 😁.....feel like it's somewhat of a lost art around here....
  • cdubks88
    Options
    Play with my huskies.

Love those dogs. They're so beautiful.
  • cdubks88
    Options
    I like to write story's and song's. I also like to sing when I'm a lone.. If it wasn't for my shyness I'd probably be famous oh well

That's a great talent.....keep it up. When you overcome your shyness you might be surprised.
  • jayne7470
    jayne7470 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    yid62gi4cobw.jpeg
    This helps me unwind 🐴
  • cdubks88
    Options
    yid62gi4cobw.jpeg
    This helps me unwind 🐴

Nice. Have a niece who's incredibly passionate about horses..... 😁
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    occe15don5ld.jpg
    Sit on the back deck with a gin and tonic and watch the birds...
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    Bike ride, read, music, run, podcasts, chat with mates...smoke the herb..
  • cdubks88
    Options
    occe15don5ld.jpg
    Sit on the back deck with a gin and tonic and watch the birds...

Nice. 😎

My wife's a big Gin lover. There's a fantastic distiller in Downtown KC that makes some of the best they've ever had. She's more of a Collins-style drinker though. 😁