Help! How do I keep my friends?!

Options

Replies

• RamblinMan521
    RamblinMan521 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I keep my friends in order of the alphabet. So if I get two M’s, for example, one of them has got to go. I also have @kam26001 on my list seven times. Not sure how that happened but he sends me money so I keep him. I’m in the market for an X, P and a Q.

Maybe I'll change my name to PramblinMan521...

Nah...
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I usually don’t even notice if I’m been dropped til way after the fact - don’t take it personal we’re all just a bunch of weirdos on the interwebs right 🤷‍♂️

For the record: I am also a weirdo in real life.

Good to know — me too
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I had an idea on how to keep your friends. You could make them sign a friend contract and in the small print it could say “friendor (you) reserves the right to hold onto friendee (them) for all of eternity” and friendee (them) releases all
    Rights to ending and or terminating said friendship or risk punishment of death”.

Maybe a clause that under special circumstances friendee csn be released with 1 special deliver of hot wings with blue cheese.
  • isalsayourface123
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Advice? How do I obtain and keep friends?

just stop deleting me !!!

There you are!?!? Oops 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • isalsayourface123
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Some probably "checking" you out.. etc. are you friending random ppl?

Yes
  • RamblinMan521
    RamblinMan521 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I keep my friends in order of the alphabet. So if I get two M’s, for example, one of them has got to go. I also have @kam26001 on my list seven times. Not sure how that happened but he sends me money so I keep him. I’m in the market for an X, P and a Q.

Maybe I'll change my name to PramblinMan521...

Nah...

I'm not a good friend. I can't make it through one single day of eating according to my plan yet. I consider walking out to the mailbox a workout. I cry several times a week, sometimes for a reason, sometimes not. Anything that requires effort... I just don't have any left to give.

Is there an exercise entry for eating? How many calories does it take to chew a donut? You got that going for you...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Advice? How do I obtain and keep friends?

just stop deleting me !!!

There you are!?!? Oops 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

giphy.gif
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It might be like facebook. You can have 1000 friends but communicate with 5! Just stick to the ones in regular contact. It's nothing personal.
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Let’s be great friends!
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Personally, I tend to be very careful about who I add to my friends list. My goal isn't for more friends, it's for friends who actually want to be on friends list long term.
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Bribe them with food... we're all starving here.
  • isalsayourface123
    Options
    RevGym2 wrote: »
    Let’s be great friends!

Hmmm. I'll be friends with your dog. You've been slipping in the motivation. how will you even motivate me?
  • isalsayourface123
    Options

Ohhhh. I have some trail mix...great protein...want some?
  • isalsayourface123
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Personally, I tend to be very careful about who I add to my friends list. My goal isn't for more friends, it's for friends who actually want to be on friends list long term.

But I need lots of motivation
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the forums (not MFP), but I literally have one friend on here and it's TinyDancer. That's probably pretty much 99.9% certainly because she's just the coolest and added me back. :lol:

It's all good with me, though. Like a few others mentioned, it's a personal thing for me. I don't let that affect my outlook on it.

I don't have to have a lot of people setup as friends on here. Not just because I'm new and not because I don't want to. I'm just a simpleton who loves the idea of encouraging others. My hope is folks know the kind of friend I can be when we interact. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity than that for myself. I came to the forums for opportunities to encourage and enjoy comraderie, both of which I found easily.

You guys are great. My hope is I can be that guy. Someone who lifts up, not tear down. It's the best I know to do and be.

If they delete you, know it's their loss. Not yours.
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Options

Ohhhh. I have some trail mix...great protein...want some?

We're now best friends lol
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Idk man - if I delete her it DEFINITELY her loss - but she knows that already - we’re great pals
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't know if I was dropped. I have only deleted people if they are totally inappropriate.