Replies

• blpoz
    blpoz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Count me in!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercises are you guys doing on your rest days?
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started today too! I was pretty amazed at myself since I have never been a runner and I thought my knees would hurt. They didn't, so I have a different question now.

I thought it would be harder than it was. I even went against the advice not to do more than your plan calls for. I started doing alternating laps of jogging and walking. The training plan says to go for 20 minutes. But I didn't feel tired and I really wanted to accomplish something. So I kept going until I had done a total of 50 laps. That means 2 miles, one jogging and one walking! I walked a bit longer for a cool down and I would have stayed for Zumba afterward if my son hadn't been crying.

Now I need to figure out how to space these new workouts. Jogging/walking 30 minutes doesn't feel like enough for me. I didn't burn as many calories as I would like. Should I do other stuff on the same day that I run? Or workout differently on opposite days? Both? (That may seem crazy but I've been doing 90-120 minutes of exercise 6 days a week for two months, so it makes sense to me.) Or could I safely skip through a few weeks of C25k considering that I am not really starting at "couch"?

I always tell people that it depends on their goals. My goals are: first, and most importantly, weightloss. Secondly, being able to run as my son grows up.
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am in week 1...yehh!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I got W1D1 knocked out earlier on my treadmill. I felt pretty good during, and decided to throw in a couple extra cycles of run 1 min, walk 1.5. I'm proud of myself for getting it all in, but daaaaaaamn I should have stretched first. My hip is killing me tonight! Gonna yoga it up tonight and do Pilates and walking on Tuesday/Thursday. For someone that just started running (seriously...two minutes yesterday was the first time I had run in YEARS) I'm pretty stoked I got this done.

keep it up girl!! doesn't that feel like such an accomplishment after finishing the cycle of run/walk!?! cause I sure know it made me feel GREAT after! I absolutely despise running so I am very proud of myself for doing it! hopefully we can actually LIKE running after this ;)
  • WyoRed
    WyoRed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I started before but didn't make it to far.
  • hannah1591
    hannah1591 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to start this for a couple of weeks now. I will try and start tonight! I've never been a runner so this should be interesting!! :/
  • Lavern77
    Lavern77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started W1D1 last night and ended up only doing 20 min, instead of 30 on the treadmill, but it felt good. Next time I think I will be able to go all the way. I was just worn out last night after a really long day, and the kids kept coming in and interrupting me.
  • MommyNemo
    MommyNemo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sweet I Started this yesterday! ;)
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    I am starting today!! Never been a big runner and am looking forward to trying this! My friend swears by it!!!
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Started W1D1 last night and felt AWESOME after i completed it! I will be a runner by the end of this, i can feel it!
  • jessikas5
    jessikas5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started Monday, so I'd love to join. I started c25k this summer but never made it past week 5. Now that school has started and i have time without kids I want to start again. =)
  • deamacgray
    deamacgray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I started jogging last week and I'm only able to jog for 40 seconds at a time (on average, I've done 1 minute once but ended up with a stitch in my side) so I'm not even at week 1 level yet! lol... I thought after a year of going to the gym and doing the Elliptical for 25 minutes flat out I would perform better. It feels great though and I'm enjoying the challenge.
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have gone through it before, but stopped once it got hot. Stoked to have others to prod me... And feel free to prod. I need it!
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm starting today also! Let's dominate this SUCKA
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I actually decided to start this yesterday, without even knowing about this thread, so I am in! I've always hated running, mostly because I have bad knees, but I also know that it's a really great workout. I'm hoping that by easing in with C25k, I can keep my knee pain in check and actually get through it!

Great to know others are doing it too!
  • hannah1591
    Options
    Well i started this tonight and I got on a lot better than I thought I would :)
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Am I missing c25k as an exercise on here or is everyone just quick adding it?
  • Ems61587
    Ems61587 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What does everyone else exercise-wise do on their off days from running? I was thinking about doing a quick workout vid today, but I am not gonna lie, I was actually sore from w1d1! I was not expecting that at all. I do a lot of walking/jogging on the treadmill, but I decided to train outside this time. I can feel the difference, I think because I usually keep my treadmill incline at 0, and I was going up some slight hills yesterday. I guess my question is, what does everyone else feel up to doing on their days off? I feel like working out for half an hour three times a week isn't enough, but I don't want to hurt myself.
  • hannah1591
    Options
    I am a bit sore today after my run yesterday too! Wasn't expecting it either!

On my days off I'm gonna do Zumba for the Wii and I go to the gym a couple of times a week too - usually do some high gradient walking on the treadmill, elliptical, rowing, spin bikes.