Appetite Suppressants

Options
13»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Instead of appetite suppressants, look into Stephan Guynets, " The Hungry Brain." Very interesting book. Might be some more non pharmacological ways to lower appetite.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    ☕ Coffee! Strong coffee :smiley:
    I usually have one cup a day but put in 3 heaped tea spoons, splash of milk and a spoonful of sugar and I don't feel hungry at all until late afternoon. Caffeine suppresses my appetite really well.

So coffee + food. Sure, a spoonful of sugar isn't a lot, and I don't know how much a splash of anything is, but it doesn't seem to be just caffeine in this case. Even coffee alone wouldn't be just caffeine.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    corrarjo wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Yes, I get sugar crashes from apple juice, but not apples.

I don't find apples alone especially filling, but I do when paired with cheese. And this satisfies my sweet tooth.

Apples are a one ingredient food.
    Apple juice is processed. It's probably boiled, pasteurized and flavored to taste like apples again. It probably contains added sugars. in some cases it may not even contain anything that used to be an apple.

Disclaimer: Only my opinion.

It's not actually that challenging to get 100% apple juice (no flavoring, no added sugar), at least in the US where I live.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    corrarjo wrote: »

Yes, I get sugar crashes from apple juice, but not apples.

I don't find apples alone especially filling, but I do when paired with cheese. And this satisfies my sweet tooth.

Apples are a one ingredient food.
    Apple juice is processed. It's probably boiled, pasteurized and flavored to taste like apples again. It probably contains added sugars. in some cases it may not even contain anything that used to be an apple.

Disclaimer: Only my opinion.

This was 100% apple juice. The problem for me was the lack of fiber and the speed it could be consumed, vs chewing.

I get virtually zero satiety from fluid calories. Only thing that gives me any is the occasional protein shake with spinach and berries.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I use my magic coffee and it not only suppressed my appetite but it gives me great energy. Lost 22 pounds in 8 weeks

What's "Magic coffee?"
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I use my magic coffee and it not only suppressed my appetite but it gives me great energy. Lost 22 pounds in 8 weeks

What's "Magic coffee?"

No clue, but a couple of accounts have been spamming a lot of threads about it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »

What's "Magic coffee?"

No clue, but a couple of accounts have been spamming a lot of threads about it.

I noticed that. Guess I'm just trying to cut to the chase for the sales pitch. ;)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    It's coffee on crack. You don't need it.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Postum? My dad used to drink this for religious reasons.
  • anatomyjanedoll
    anatomyjanedoll Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Coffee definitely. I find Tim hortons especially potent for any fellow Canadians (: Also yes moderate exercise surprisingly has seemed to make me less hungry. Endorphins can cause reduced appetite and dull your receptors for pain which is cool. I have taken pure ephedrine hcl but find it affects my sleep and I've heard its physically addictive, yeah it rlly supresses the appetite tho likely not worth it in the end.
  • GemJade11
    GemJade11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The only one I've ever used that works and has no negative side effects is the Fat Burner by Alani Nu. I don't think it burns fat at all, but it makes me focused (not jittery or hyper) and does reduce my appetite. I've taken prescription phentermine and it didn't work like this. I honestly mainly take it for the focus part. I honestly love it.