Looking for a September 30 DS challenge

Options
I haven't done 30 day shred in a long time and want to start it again on September 1st. Just wondering if there is anyone who already started this chellenge, otherwise just let me know on here if you are interested in joining and we can create one.

Replies

• meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I just finished last week, but am thinking of starting it again (someone mentioned doing it on months that have 30 days, and i don'twant to wait until november. lol)
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    thats a good idea. But if you do it on a month that has 31 days it's not that big of a deal... that means you get 1 day off somewhere in there which can be a good thing!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I am interested in a challenge!
    I need a reason to get remotivated..
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    great. So far no one has said there is already a September 30 Day Shred challenge, so I will start one. Maybe a few more people will join us by then. I'll make a new thread on the 1st for our group.
  • before20
    before20 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm game! I've never done 30DS before, but I just tried it yesterday and I'm definitely up for a September challenge. I have to find a tape measure to get measurements in the next few days because I have a feeling thats where I'll see most of the results. :ohwell:
  • cheechee13
    cheechee13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, i did this in June before my summer holiday & am just about to start it all over again. Count me in for the September 30 DS Challenge :)
  • Zonegirl51
    Options
    I am willing for another challenge but I am new to this and have NO IDEA what a 30 DS is. Can anyone explain it to me?
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I'm game - I started once earlier this summer but didn't finish - August was a bust for me so I'm looking to make September better and healthier :-)
  • FancyJumper
    Options
    I'm down!! I've done it before (sporadically) and it helped me lose about 12 pounds in all. I'm ready to start up again!
  • ronjaa
    ronjaa Posts: 65
    Options
    I started yesterday, so yes, I'm in:)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I'll be trying it for the first time, starting Thursday so that I can follow the days of September without losing track.
    I've never joined a challenge before and I'm looking for a loss of inches rather than weight, so count me in if you'd like. :smile:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Zonegirl51 - it's a Jillian Michaels DVD of short intense cardio workouts mixed with some resistance training. 25? minutes daily for 30 days.

I hope I got that ^ right. :wink:
  • bshawnette
    bshawnette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in maybe I'll stick to it now that I have others doing it with me. :)
  • xxrainxx
    xxrainxx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im in starting mine tonight :o)
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm starting tomorrow (:
  • Jasperocks
    Jasperocks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I have the "ripped in 30" DVD by Jillian so I will do that one. My goal is to lose 16 pounds before Halloween.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    Well I'll create the new thread on the 1st. We just need to decide if we would all like to take measurements & weight on the 1st and post it or just take the measurements & weight, then not post it until the end of the 10 days? We can update our weight & measurements every 10 days for motivation or we can just post our starting and ending after the 30 days is done.

I know some do not like to do it 10 days sraight with no rest day and others prefer to do 10 days then a rest day before starting the next level. I personally prefer to go straight through, all 30 days without a rest day so that I do not lose the motivation to keep up with doing it. However you prefer to do it is fine, but each day just post what day & level you are on. Feel free to complain about any part of the workout, I know when I did it before I had a lot to complain about, but it definitely did start getting easier.

This time I plan to go all 30 days without stopping and since it has been so long since I have last done it, I'm sure I'll have more to complain about! haha
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I am willing for another challenge but I am new to this and have NO IDEA what a 30 DS is. Can anyone explain it to me?

It is the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's about 25-28 minutes long. You do one level for 10 days, then the 2nd level for 10 days, then the 3rd level for 10 days. It's based on a 3-2-1 intervals, 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs. The dvd is pretty cheap, can be purchased from walmart, target, amazon, ebay, etc.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    Count me in too. I have the "ripped in 30" DVD by Jillian so I will do that one. My goal is to lose 16 pounds before Halloween.

That's a good dvd, I bought it and tried the first level, seemed easier on my knees than 30 day shred did. I'm thinking of starting an October Ripped in 30 challenge, as long as I survive the Shred again. So it should be interesting hearing your experience with it as we do the shred, will help prepare me a little.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I'll be trying it for the first time, starting Thursday so that I can follow the days of September without losing track.
    I've never joined a challenge before and I'm looking for a loss of inches rather than weight, so count me in if you'd like. :smile:
    I definitely lost inches when I first did this, I didn't lose much weight during that time, but the inches made a big difference.