I need help

Well I'm back for the million time . I need help to stay motivated to do this. The longest I ever did it was 21 days and stopped. I'm 5"2 and 212 lbs I have pcos and I was a prediabetic but I'm not now but I know it can come back. High blood pressure is starting . My family all have diabetes and high blood pressure. All my family is on the bigger side I dont want to be like them. Please help me do this I dont want to fail this time.

Replies

• dverano
    dverano Posts: 13 Member
    You can do it! you're here right? First step...
  • Yes I am
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited October 2019
    Start with reading these thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Your goal is not to lose weight right now. It is to find the easiest way for you to lose weight so you can survive your 21 day limit. You only need to eat inside a calorie goal and create a deficit. It does not have to be "healthy" or "clean" or "diet" food. Worry about nutrition later. Exercise can come a little later too if need be.

• Thanks I am will read both of them.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    The way to avoid starting over again and again is Don’t Quit!

Just keep logging, even if you go over your calories for the day. Life happens. Let it be a reminder to do better.
    Make good friends here, so you want to come back to talk to them.
    Take advantage of the community pages. Read the motivating threads, like Your latest NSV and the success stories.
    Have fun on the chat threads.
    In other words, make MFP a happy place you want to be. If you keep coming back, you’ll eventually have long term success.
    Just look at all the long-timers here.

• Thanks I will do that also
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    I’m glad you are here! This is a supportive place! I agree that you need to make it easy, not complicated. Good luck! We are here because we needed to be too!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Just keep going. The time will pass whether you meet your daily goals or not, so why not take it one day at a time? Imagine where you'll be a year from now if you just get up every day and aim for your best. There will be tough days, there will be days that go off the rails (maybe even some days in a row), but log it and move on. We would never expect kids to master a new skill immediately. Why we do it to our adult selves is a wonder. Take it slowly. Make it manageable. Create a plan you can live by each day. You can do this!
  • most2no
    most2no Posts: 5 Member
    Well I'm back for the million time . I need help to stay motivated to do this. The longest I ever did it was 21 days and stopped. I'm 5"2 and 212 lbs I have pcos and I was a prediabetic but I'm not now but I know it can come back. High blood pressure is starting . My family all have diabetes and high blood pressure. All my family is on the bigger side I dont want to be like them. Please help me do this I dont want to fail this time.

Hello sucessfulwarrior. I tried adding you as a friend but I don't know how. Also tried sending you a msg and it said unknown user...technology amiright?? Well anyway, I can totally relate to your goals. I will help in anyway I can. Just keep on trying! Don't quit and if you fall off the horse get back up.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    You need to figure out why you keep quitting. Once you have the why figured out, you can commit yourself.

If the longest was 3 weeks, go for 4. Better yet, take it one day at a time. Fill out the food diary a few days in advance. Commit.

Eat the foods you love. Stay in a calorie deficit. Lose weight. Commit!

You can do this. Rewrite your genetics. Get healthy.