Recovering from a very high cal day

Options
julanig612
julanig612 Posts: 40 Member
edited October 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
If I ate almost triple my allowed calories in one day πŸ™ˆ do I make up for it by decreasing my daily allowance or do I write it off and just carry on? Fasting tomorrow is also an option. As it stands I am only allowed 1200calories a day so I don't know if cutting it down even more is a viable option

Replies

• julanig612
    Options
    Thank you both. That makes a lot of sense.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Carry on! Don’t beat yourself up over it.
  • julanig612
    Options
    I am trying to lose 25 kgs (55 pounds). I do have it set to fast as that was my allowance when I was on Noom. I am coping on the allowance on a normal day. Today's misstep was more cause I was weak minded at a birthday party. I'm just trying to get to my first goal of reaching the 70's before December and then I will up my intake and exercise. At least that is the thought. When I was on MFP before I had it set to 0.5 kgs/wk and the slow loss was very demotivating
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Same advice from me, move on and accept that this week will probably be a maintenance week. Social events happen and there will be other times where you would like to join in, just manage them as best you can.
    I'm also an advocate of slowly is good, I eat whatever I fancy in moderation so averaging 0.5lb per week, it's slow but steady.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Seems like a good time to post this article:

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just carry on and eat like normal, it's not a big deal :) Worrying about things like this is unhealthy :(