The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Options

Replies

• cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I've been telling myself that it's fine to be single, but I've been finding it difficult to stabilize my mood.
    Maybe I was overthinking again, but it's hard not to overthink when you see so many couples smiling and holding hands. My diet is fine. But I think good physical health isn't going to fully help my mental health. It's probably because I've been filling my mind with confusion. Maybe our thoughts can cause more psychological problems than one may believe

I empathize.

It kills me to see lovey dovey couples in public, because I think I want that, but then, when someone shows interest in me, I find excuses not to go through with the date.
    I always think if I felt better about myself physically, I would change my attitude, but then I felt similar when I was 40 pounds lighter.

Overthinking is killer.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Hope y'all had a good day! I'm off to bed.

Also, @cupcakegirl81. It kills me too, but for different reasons. I don't get anyone showing me attention, at least not that I've noticed. From what I understand about relationships (which isn't much), if your not ready, you'll turn them down. Its when you are ready, that you'll finally say yes. Take your time, work on yourself. We'll get there. Slowly, but surely (yes, I called you shirley :p )
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    I've been telling myself that it's fine to be single, but I've been finding it difficult to stabilize my mood.
    Maybe I was overthinking again, but it's hard not to overthink when you see so many couples smiling and holding hands. My diet is fine. But I think good physical health isn't going to fully help my mental health. It's probably because I've been filling my mind with confusion. Maybe our thoughts can cause more psychological problems than one may believe

I empathize.

It kills me to see lovey dovey couples in public, because I think I want that, but then, when someone shows interest in me, I find excuses not to go through with the date.
    I always think if I felt better about myself physically, I would change my attitude, but then I felt similar when I was 40 pounds lighter.

Overthinking is killer.
    Maybe it’s good to put down dates if your heart says no. I think there’s also positives to having mystery in your life.

Mystery, huh? I like it.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning singles....have a great hump day! Looks like another nice day will take them this time of year!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    HHD singletons 🤗
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. HHD
  • TomFit18
    Options
    Happy hump day singles 💕

Yes happy hump day!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    HHD! I am off to bed now. Alone. Unless you count the cat
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Is there a thread on proper mingling technique?
  • mattig89ch
    Options

I mean...if you want some company... :p

hope everyone's day is good today!
  • Versicolour
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »

Company would be great! When can I expect you?
  • TomFit18
    Options
    Good morning singles...today is my Friday! Can't wait to have a 3 day weekend! Someone wanna join me on a extended weekend?
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Good morning singles...today is my Friday! Can't wait to have a 3 day weekend! Someone wanna join me on a extended weekend?

That depends. What kind of find activities did you have in mind?
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,313 Member
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »

Lucky you!! It feels like it should be Friday. This week is dragging! Maybe because I'm headed to Michigan for the weekend and I can't wait to get out of here.
  • mattig89ch
    Options

Depends on where you are. If your in NY, I can be there in a half hour. If your on the other side of the planet...how's july?
  • ADRskew21
    ADRskew21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    howdy y'all
  • Versicolour
    Options

Depends on where you are. If your in NY, I can be there in a half hour. If your on the other side of the planet...how's july?

July it is then. Its winter in South Africa then, but no snow usually
  • mattig89ch
    Options

July it is then. Its winter in South Africa then, but no snow usually

Deal. 😜

Hope everyone's day is a good one! Going to go over my calorie count today, as they are throwing an ice cream party for the customer service folks, right across the hall from our room. Gonna be a yummy afternoon. 😊