Chicken thighs

2»

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

(I do save bones in the freezer for stock but get plenty as is without switching to 100% bone-in.)

Do you save all the bones or only ones from certain recipes? (Ie bbq, breaded ranch, marinated teriyaki).

I save all the bones, but if you mix cooked and uncooked bones be warned that the resulting stock will be cloudy. I try to rinse well if bones have been in something strongy flavoured like teriyaki. No two batches of my chicken stock are the same depending on where the bones have been before.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    if you don't like chicken breasts, you are cooking them wrong...just my opinion.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    In the UK I struggle to find boneless skinless so hard to learn to de-bone myself with YouTube tutorials. I save bones in a ziplock bag in the freezer where I also dump better quality vegetable trimmings such as hard stems from asparagus and artichokes. When the bag is full I make stock.

I should do this! I've only been saving chicken wings tip part in ziplock/freeze and threw it in when making soup. But saving the trimmings of veggies and making a stock sounds easy yet flavorful! Thx for the idea :)

As far as thighs, I use it often. I like breasts for certain stuff and thighs for more flavor. Depends on the dish.
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    oh my gosh i love boneless skinless thighs so much! I pretty much have exclusively moved away from chicken breast to thigh meat and it makes a world of difference to me! The thing i like about thighs isn't just that they are cheaper and taste better but also they tend to be more consistent in thickness so they cook more evenly than a breast. Plus i just love the taste! I've pretty much replaced all my chicken recipes that call for breasts with thigh and #noregrets
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    I save all the bones from when we eat chicken or pork cooked on the bone in the stock bag too. But keep in mind if you mix cooked with uncooked bones the resulting stock will be cloudy. Fine for making risotto or avgolemono but you won't get a clear broth for, say, wonton soup.